sub and amp thumbs up or down

CFader

LA
What's good everyone. I am new to car audio upgrade. Unfortunately I only have about 200 to spend on it. I know i'm not going to get the best spl or sq. That would just be ridiculous expectations. I just want something that will not sound muddy. I don't want to be heard blocks away either. I just want something filing my car. I have some 6.5 alpine up front and 6x9 infinity speakers in the rear. They are powered by a stock amp and the sound it produces is more than good for me. Unfortunately they really lack bass. I was just wondering if you guys can give me the green light on these two products. It would be great to hear feed backs from people that actually have these two products or have heard them. Like I said earlier my main goal is just to fill the lows with some bass that won't sound muddy or worse. Looking forward to your guys suggestions.

1200W Kenwood KFC-W3013PS + Enclosure Bass Package $110 at sonic electronix

MB Quart ONX2.100 $80 dollars at sonic electronix

Stay away from Kenwood other than for Head units. If you really want a good system for under 200, check out this thread and get a Tropo 12 and 400.1 and wire to 2 ohms for 200 watts. That comes to $185 and you can buy a sealed prefab box off of Sonic for about $35. So you're sitting at $210 plus you'll need about $25 for an amp kit which you can also buy from AudioTechnix.

If you wanted more bass you could buy a D2 Strato 12 and wire to 1 ohm for 400 watts but that would be $30 more

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html

Hey thanks for the suggestion bro. If I do decided to go with the d2 strato 12 would I have to buy a bigger amp? I am not trying to go really loud but I am not sure if 200 watts would be enough.

Hey thanks for the suggestion bro. If I do decided to go with the d2 strato 12 would I have to buy a bigger amp? I am not trying to go really loud but I am not sure if 200 watts would be enough.
No, the amp does 400 watts at 1 ohms (Dual 2 ohm voice coils wired in parallel gives you a 1 ohm load). It would put out 200 watts on the other sub wired to 2 ohms

Stay away from Kenwood other than for Head units. If you really want a good system for under 200, check out this thread and get a Tropo 12 and 400.1 and wire to 2 ohms for 200 watts. That comes to $185 and you can buy a sealed prefab box off of Sonic for about $35. So you're sitting at $210 plus you'll need about $25 for an amp kit which you can also buy from AudioTechnix.
If you wanted more bass you could buy a D2 Strato 12 and wire to 1 ohm for 400 watts but that would be $30 more

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html
I like u bro.. but no. First of all, kenwood's amps are pretty reliable and do rated. And the excelon amps are even better. Those newer black Kenwood aren't bad at all either. I have a pair at my shop that sounded pretty good in the mustang they came out of.

OP. What I'd do with

3 Kings Sales - FBAKWKDM9.missing1

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360639307230&cmd=VIDESC

Get an ofc 8 ga kit. If you're up to it, build a box tailored to your music tastes. If not, a sealed prefab would work.

personally, i'd rather go look at the classifieds section of this site and hunt for some deals. Be sure to look at people's feedbacks and only use paypal most of my buying experiences on this site's classified is really nice and legit though.

Other option: grab a decently price monoblock amp (thats not boss, pyle etc... and get 8 gauge install kit, install it yourself, then buy a sealed enclosure from ebay, they have some for 20-25 dollars, make sure its says 3/4 mdf and its around .75 to 1.25 cubic feet(should work for most subs)

Lastly, now that you have everything set up, you can hunt craigslists for subs. I'd recommend finding some older model alpine type Rs which would sound better than those kenwoods(and hit harder). The older type Rs are selling for around 60-80 on craigslist in my area and you can always bargain offer them for 40 or so. you would also have a means to test if the sub is still working or not.

It would be a lot cheaper if you went down to a 10 inch sub of course i'd second T 2's Strato pick if you go down to 10" D2 sub(80$) and the amp(120), but that would take you to 200+ wiring kit and enclosure money so ~ 250 but you would have a very nice clean sounding system with full rich and tight bass.

Wow, to be honest I didn't really expected this much help. Thanks a lot! It's settle I am going to with d2 strato 10 and amp and the ofc 6 ga kit av 83 recommended. One last question seal or ported? I know they say it depends on what type of music you listen to, but honestly I listen to a little bit of a everything. Once again thanks for taking the time and helping me out.

sealed is supposedly a balanced sound with less bass output Saves a lot of trunk space. Ported is quite a bit louder takes a little bit more space, tune 32-35hz for everyday music. Its mainly based on preference with the tuning though really, unless your a seasoned box builder and know how to build a ported box with flat EQ with the sound quality of a sealed and the loudness of being ported.

Alright then my dude thanks for all the help. I emailed the dealer hopefully they still have those two products left. Oh, and what would be the best cubic feet of space for this sub in a sealed enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.