Hey guys got a question

Participant count
  • Participant list

07FX2

Okay I have:

Jl c5 570s in the front and jl c5 570x (coaxials) in the rear. They are both rated at 25-75 watt rms and the c5 tweeters are about 25-75rms as well. All are connected to jls crossovers. Right now the head unit is running them and is probably only pushing 10-15rms or less to all of them. They are pretty loud and sound excellent. but don't go as loud as I want. So I figured ill amp them.

The amp I bought is a alpine mrp-F300. Which puts out about 50watts rms x4. I think that should be efficient for all my needs cause the speakers are already loud. But my question is my head unit is a appradio 2 and only has 2 inputs in the rear. One for speakers and one for subwoofers. So would I run a preout from my subwoofer amp to my new one? Also you guys think it'll sound good? Thanks!

If you have a speaker RCA then use that one.

The subwoofer RCA will have the subwoofer settings you set at the deck.

out from the deck and split the signal with a y splitter if there is no preout on the amp
If he has two amps, and two RCA outs why would you split them?.. Unless im misunderstanding.

Also if you use a y splitter you will half the voltage and that deck already only has 2 volt preouts.

The amp he has also has a preout, so he can use the speaker preout from the amp to the new amp.. Then from that amp to his sub amp. Although the best way is to run separate RCAs for speaker and sub

If he has two amps, and two RCA outs why would you split them?.. Unless im misunderstanding.
Also if you use a y splitter you will half the voltage and that deck already only has 2 volt preouts
yes i know ,his amp for the speakers is a 4 channel amp tho

So I could run a set of RCA from my pre outs on my alpine mrp-1000 to the input for the back speakers on my alpine mrp300?

Thanks, Adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.