sub amp tuning, and kicker zx400.1 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

align600
10+ year member

just wondering how to set the low pass cross over for the sub with a multi meter, and can the subsonic filter be on at the same time?

and also, i have a kicker zx400.1 amp and its only got 2 speaker terminals. i have a dvc 4ohm sub. if i wire the sub to 2ohm and connect it to this amp. is it automatically receiving a 2ohm load, seeing that u cant actually bridge it because of only having 2 terminals but its rated as 200rms at 4ohm and 400rms at 2ohm?

ok. as im currently doing installations now, and i've had no replies, can ppl tell me the ways they have set their low pass cross over on the sub amp, and not just saying, turn the pod up to the indicated markings.

If you have a monoblock amp, and a dual 4 sub. Wire in parallel down to 2 and hook it up to the amp. + to+ and - to -... Start with the low pass somewhere around 80hz and your subsonic is gonna depend on the tuning of your box too..

Set the LPF at the highest freq. Connect your DVM to the amp output. Play a test tone at the frequency you want to cross at. Adjust volume for some reading on the meter - just 3-4 volts is OK, you just want a steady reading. You can even leave the sub connected. Dial the LPF down until the voltage reading is 1/2 of what it was. Done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.