Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Heard When Talking With Someone About Car Audio?

I felt like an idiot when installing my girlfriends total mobile audio t250.1 the other day. I was ready to make my sub to amp connection when i saw two positives and two negs like this (+ + - -) I asked around and it appears its internally bridges to make wiring in parrallel a lot easier and less confusing, really cool idea i think but made me feel like an idiot.

I was checking around at some smaller shops in my area and went to this one guy. I asked him how much it would be and how he would need the car to have some custom door pannels glassed and my speakers mounted in them. (Rainbow SLC 365s). He said he hadent heard of them brand before and wanted to see the speakers and the amp I would be running them with. so we go out to my car and he checks the stuff out. He looks in the car and begins with that head unit is a piece of ****. Yeah I could agree with that, its a low end, old pioneer not my favorite but it was doing the job. I then show him the. I then show him the speakers, also a piece of ****, I would get more volume and better quality from the earthquake 5x7s he has in his shop. He asked what amp I would be using to run them. (US Amps XT 800.2) He looks at me and asked me how I expected to run 6 speakers off of a 2 channel amp. I nicely asked him if he knew what a crossover was and then proceded to tell him he didnt know much about what he was saying and left. Prob the dumbest business owner Ive ever met. And yeah, he owned the place, and people buy from him.

143 HUMAN BODY FEELS AS IF SOMEONE JUST FOOTBALL TACKLED YOUR CHEST -REF.1.1983144 HUMAN NOSE ITCHES -REF.1.1983

Yes i always get a mild tickeling in my nose after having my chest plowed in by a Linebacker
it's AFTER someone tackled you... kinda pressured breathing

and think about your nose itching from vibration...

not the stupidest thing Ive ever heard but from one of the stupidest people I know from work

all of these are the same guy

I was asked to help install a headunit, he said "when I installed it, it just didnt turn on at all" so I checked it out and tried to get him to tell me what he did and somehow I got him to say well it sparked when I was putting the wires in there. so I said oh you shorted it, you touched a power to a ground ( the metal cage for the HU) and he was like "no I touched the metal not a ground"

"so my fuse blew cuz it was too old and couldnt handle the power?" - what he said after I told him he blew his fuse from shorting the wires out

he bought a cheapie DVD HU that has a normal CD player front just because it can play DVDs, I told him that was kinda pointless and it would have been better to get a HU thats for performance and features and he replied with its got features it can play DVDs....

last one, I was trying to sell him my MTX 9500 12" and he told me "no thanks my friend is going to sell me a 15" for 100$ and it will be louder than your 12"

I didnt even bother to ask what kind of sub he was even going to be buying...

this kid i know said he could bit a fi btl 18 with his sony xplode funny thing is he has no idea wtf fi is even he's all acting like he did and ****.

I had an installer build a sealed box for 4 12"L7's running off of 2 Memphis 1500d's in the back of a GMC Pickup (no cut through), ok so the customer wanted mids and highs in the back as well...I guess it was for tailgating. My (ex)installer cut 4 6x9's directly into the top of the box...I saw it and went apeshit on him...he smiled at me and told me not to worry...so he took one of the 6x9's out and showed it to me...THis idiot taped up the basket with duct tape...he told me this will act as seperate enclosures for each 6x9!!! I let him go the next day. He now works at another shop...haha, I feel sorry for them.

I had an installer build a sealed box for 4 12"L7's running off of 2 Memphis 1500d's in the back of a GMC Pickup (no cut through), ok so the customer wanted mids and highs in the back as well...I guess it was for tailgating. My (ex)installer cut 4 6x9's directly into the top of the box...I saw it and went apeshit on him...he smiled at me and told me not to worry...so he took one of the 6x9's out and showed it to me...THis idiot taped up the basket with duct tape...he told me this will act as seperate enclosures for each 6x9!!! I let him go the next day. He now works at another shop...haha, I feel sorry for them.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

well once i went to a car toys around my house and was jamming to a 8 w7's just bullshitting well some guy was listening too and got a sales man in there the sales man said the w7 will kill anything out there so i say really well i have a dd9515 how close of a match would that be he said that dd is a flea market brand because he has never heard of it and the 8"w7 will kill it

and what made it bad was this dude claims he goes to competition all the time

and never heard of dd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

thats by far one of the funniest posted, how could somebody be so ignorant, duct tape has its places but car audio isnt one of them...

I like it when I'm being friendly with some guy at a comp and the first thing out of his mouth is "yeah, I've got $12 grand in audio.... that's just a rough estimate."

Like I give a ****.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Not really stupid... more... retarded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.