Alternator and battery...

Did you honestly just suggest an iraggi and a kinetik together? You must not read the several threads floating around on how those two tend to not work well with the other. Plus I've been reading lately Iraggi is going down hill in the cust serv department.

I've been shopping around for an alt myself and I've decided to go with Excessive Amperage. Best priced, highest amperage rating and fast service.

Under good circumstances 2400 watts would require about 190 amps. Don't forget to include some for your electrical. I'd go with at least 220amps unless you plan on getting a second battery in the trunk.

If you get a high enough amperage alternator you don't have to worry about the battery. I'd focus on the best alt you can afford/your car can fit and then get a battery if you find the alt isn't enough.

Did you honestly just suggest an iraggi and a kinetik together? You must not read the several threads floating around on how those two tend to not work well with the other.
That sounds like total bs to me. Link? Id love to see someone try reasoning out why those two brands are incompatible.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313423
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17479&st=0&p=375280entry375280

So it could potentially be any alternator. It may just be that Iraggi's tend to run the voltage higher?

People are even saying Dominick himself doesn't recommend Kinetik with his alts
What a load of crap. lol!
First of all, in the first link you provided they decided it was BS too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif The second link they say Kinetik batts cant take over 14.3 volts now? lol

Yes I guess all these competitors running Kinetik the past several years have never gone over 14.3 volts. Not to mention, those Kinetiks which have been modded to accept up to 16 volts must not exist either. I guess the one I have is a figament of my imagination, cuz Kinetiks cant handle over 14.3 volts.

What utter nonsense. And no, I dont believe what Iraggi has to say about batt brands. Ive dealt with him plenty, have one of his alts, and frankly... Im just amazed you were even able to make contact with the guy. For all we know, he's in bed with PowerMaster.

does anyone know what the biggest alternator i could fit in an 04 Hyundai Tiburon?
You could fit almost any alt you want in whatever you want, just depends on how far youre willing to go such as losing AC and moving stuff around...but Im getting a 205 amp alt in my 97 saturn's stock location with the help of a mounting plate coming with it, so i'd guess you could manage a good 200 amp alt without much trouble

You could fit almost any alt you want in whatever you want, just depends on how far youre willing to go such as losing AC and moving stuff around...but Im getting a 205 amp alt in my 97 saturn's stock location with the help of a mounting plate coming with it, so i'd guess you could manage a good 200 amp alt without much trouble
yeah, i was looking for pretty much a bolt on alt, with no modification needing to be done

what alternator and battery would everyone recommend if i got a 2600 w system?
depends on how the power is split up between subs and mids and highs. most folks i know here would probably have it a 2500 on the sub and 100 on the mids and highs:laugh: but say it were a split up between 1800 sub and 800 on the rest rated power on a solid 200-240 amp alt done right and a single 2400 added to the back would work great in fact i even know a buddy of mine that runs 3000 rated watts off 1 2400 under the hood with a higher end street Ohio Gen alt (not 100% sure on the amprage) all depends on how you set everything up as far as gains and the split up of power and your listening habits. i also know people who run batteries that are said to power even more amplifers off one battery yet still run the same number and size of what it would be by kinetik recomendations for kinetik product. (kinetik says a 2400 is good for 2400 watts of support (model number = support watts))

kinetik has been around awhile and has won at about every level of competition there is.

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/competitors.asp

and they have won more than that. They have won placed and shown in Db drags, Usaci, Iasca, Meca, Sound quality in all the major orgs, Bass race, Street beat, and Bass boxing. Competitors have won using Iraggi alts and Kinetik power cells and many people use that combination daily. Both ,one would think anyway, are popular enough and been out in the market place long enough together that it would seem to not take 4+ years to determin that that combo wasnt good particularly since a kinetik charges the same as a standard agm. I also KNOW a pretty major distributor who sells Kinetik and they have under .4% failures. I also know that another big distributor who sells more than just kinetik as far as car audio batteries go gave out a yearly award to kinetik as product of the year in that catagory. I also know that kinetik is recommended by many MAJOR car audio manufacturers. Example: Kicker showcased the Warhorse at CES being powered by kinetik this year.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.