My first ever system… help please

If you had bought dual 4 ohm instead of dual 2 ohm you could run them at 1 ohm load which that amplifier is capable of instead of at 2 ohm or 0.5 ohm which that amplifier is not capable of. See what the culprit is first of why it isn't sounding good. You gain about oh 200 watts at 1 ohm rms. Check the wiring and wire it to the 2 ohm option from the link at 12 volt. The box tuning should be on the website you bought it from. Don't use the bass boost on the amplifier either. Adjust it all from the head unit.

Last edited:
So I checked the wiring of the subs and they already came bridged and the first time I wired them to the amp I just connected speaker wire from one neg terminal on the box to a neg terminal on the amp and did not connect it directly to the other neg terminal on the box and same with positive. This amp is one channel but has 2 sets of speaker terminals. So idk if it made a difference that I changed it but tonight I followed the wiring diagram above and disconnected one of the pos and one of the neg wires from the amp and connected them to the terminals for the other sub. Again not sure if this was needed since I have 2 sets of speaker terminals.
Tested it out and seemed to operate the same as before. Has pretty good bass but only when the gain is all the way up, EQ for bass is maxed, and volume level is ~65%+. That can’t be how it’s supposed to be, right?

Also one of the subs makes a pretty distinct “rattle” sound especially at higher hz.

I’m not sure what else to do.

Option 2 (series/parallel) = 2 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono​
Two 2 Ohm DVC Speakers = 2 ohm load
You need to wire the subs EXACTLY as the Diagram shown for your 2 DVC2 ohm subs for the Final Ohm load and you only need to use one set of terminals on the amplifier. Did you wire them exactly as shown?If not.. follow the diagram for the two ohm as shown.

Option 2 (series/parallel) = 2 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono​
Two 2 Ohm DVC Speakers = 2 ohm load

You need to wire the subs EXACTLY as the Diagram shown for your 2 DVC2 ohm subs for the Final Ohm load and you only need to use one set of terminals on the amplifier. Did you wire them exactly as shown?If not.. follow the diagram for the two ohm as shown.
Yes I did. Here is how the subs came wired from the manufacturer. I connected the negative wires of both subs and put them in one of the neg terminals and did the same with the positive in one of the positive terminals.

Attachments

• 7F64ED16-AF90-4E67-AEAD-61DFB60A0E26.jpeg
    7F64ED16-AF90-4E67-AEAD-61DFB60A0E26.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
Yes I did. Here is how the subs came wired from the manufacturer. I connected the negative wires of both subs and put them in one of the neg terminals and did the same with the positive in one of the positive terminals.
You can check with a DMM on Ohm Settings to check the final two wires(One Poss and One Neg ) that go to the amplifier to make certain that the final Ohm load is within the 2 ohm Limitations. will not be exactly 2 ohms, more like 1.8 up to 2.3. If it jumps around alot then You may have a bad coil on one of the subs. You will need to check each coil individually without any wires attached, and be around the same limitations. quite possible you may have a bad coil on one of the subs as you stated a "Rattle " from one of the subs?

You can check with a DMM on Ohm Settings to check the final two wires(One Poss and One Neg ) that go to the amplifier to make certain that the final Ohm load is within the 2 ohm Limitations. will not be exactly 2 ohms, more like 1.8 up to 2.3. If it jumps around alot then You may have a bad coil on one of the subs. You will need to check each coil individually without any wires attached, and be around the same limitations. quite possible you may have a bad coil on one of the subs as you stated a "Rattle " from one of the subs?
Checking the last two wires from the subs that go into the amp and it’s showing around 1.5 ohms. Would that mean the amp is the problem then? Gonna check both the coils on the sub I think is bad and will get back to you. Also I contacted the seller and they offered to send me a new amp once I return mine and possibly another sub if I test it and it seems defective.

Tested the sub that was rattling and showed around 1.5 ohms. So might just be the box rattling I’m not too sure, it does seem to make some noises that the other sun doesn’t. Almost crackling.

Attachments

• 142A7064-20B0-4218-BFA8-6C6D28000177.jpeg
    142A7064-20B0-4218-BFA8-6C6D28000177.jpeg
    970.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 46B3DEB1-E914-4736-B546-68A3F531DCE0.jpeg
    46B3DEB1-E914-4736-B546-68A3F531DCE0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Tested the sub that was rattling and showed around 1.5 ohms. So might just be the box rattling I’m not too sure, it does seem to make some noises that the other sun doesn’t. Almost crackling.
Need to remove the Jumper wires and test each coil Pos Neg and Poss neg. Subs have Two 2ohm voice coils. See if both are close to 2 ohms each. I know its a PITA but need check Ea coil. With the Jumper your are within the 1 ohm limitations, But need check ea coil for 2 ohms. very well could be the enclosure rattling if its leaking or flexing without some bracing

You need to remove the Neg on the DMM where it is and put it in the Neg terminal on the other Coil that has nothing in it to read a final Ohm Load on the Speaker with the DMM and Jumper installed. It should read close to 4 Ohms If it is a DVC2

So I checked the wiring of the subs and they already came bridged and the first time I wired them to the amp I just connected speaker wire from one neg terminal on the box to a neg terminal on the amp and did not connect it directly to the other neg terminal on the box and same with positive. This amp is one channel but has 2 sets of speaker terminals. So idk if it made a difference that I changed it but tonight I followed the wiring diagram above and disconnected one of the pos and one of the neg wires from the amp and connected them to the terminals for the other sub. Again not sure if this was needed since I have 2 sets of speaker terminals.
Tested it out and seemed to operate the same as before. Has pretty good bass but only when the gain is all the way up, EQ for bass is maxed, and volume level is ~65%+. That can’t be how it’s supposed to be, right?

Also one of the subs makes a pretty distinct “rattle” sound especially at higher hz.

I’m not sure what else to do.

I'd guess the rattle is clipping. Could be leaky box too.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...