Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Heard When Talking With Someone About Car Audio?

Unfortunately I missed it, but at the show last weekend my teammates and I were chilling outside.
During this time, some kid came into the shop and asked what the high score at the show was, which was me with a 150.2. The kid then claims that he hit 192 dB in his mustang (which of course he didn't have with him).

I wish I would have been there, because I would have called him an asshat.
LOL i woulda went along with it and been like, were you sitting in it? did u have earplugs...and other random questions

my system consist of a 15" MX in a ported box but i recently sent it to RE to get fixed. so one day at work i pop my trunk to get some stuff out and this one dude i work with peeped in n asked where's my sub so i told him i had to get it fixed. he goes on an ask if it's a free air speaker??? so im like what are you talking bout, he then points to the port on the box. i basically kept doing my thing and didnt take dude on. he then says that it would be wayyyy louder if the box was sealed.

same kid right....theres this jacked up ford excursion in my area with four 15" RE XXX's I believe in a wall and whenever this dude drives by he literally shakes our building and those around. this kid said his 2 older kicker comps powered by some PA amp in a civic is two times louder than that truck.

guy at a local shop here said any company he hasnt heart of is garbage..so i asked do u like re or fi..even massive...first words out his mouth were blah blah blah all garbage compared to RF....

sonar is underwater... sound travels better underwater than in air... take a sonar above the water and do a db reading... 194 is the limit in air
No, sound pressure can exceed 194db. Although, after that, it's no longer sound. It's a shock wave.

No, sound pressure can exceed 194db. Although, after that, it's no longer sound. It's a shock wave.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif i saw that on discovery channel

although this isnt the greatest story... K4rts and I were on our way home from the clearwater-ish tampa meet? lol anywho this was when the SSD wall was in... it was decent at 147.5 or something DEEBEEZ! well we stopped in 2 local shops and asked one if they had a termlab, and the guy said what? and we said a termlab and hes like ummm no? we dont have any of those... so we flexed their big font windows and drove away. by far the best story of this whole post right? lol

although this isnt the greatest story... K4rts and I were on our way home from the clearwater-ish tampa meet? lol anywho this was when the SSD wall was in... it was decent at 147.5 or something DEEBEEZ! well we stopped in 2 local shops and asked one if they had a termlab, and the guy said what? and we said a termlab and hes like ummm no? we dont have any of those... so we flexed their big font windows and drove away. by far the best story of this whole post right? lol
Wow, the maturity level here is through the roof. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Heard another one yesterday...

We were leaving my great Grandmothers funeral, when one of the relatives from my moms side, comes and wants to show me his system. So I say okay, and we head over to his car. As we're walking he keeps telling me it's "the BEST in the world, nothing better, ALPINE XD!, BEST, nothing beats it" He opens the trunk, and all I see is two 12" XD's in a Futureshop "bassworx" ported box. With a couple of Pioneer amps mounted to the top with a cap. He then proceeds to tell me that he paid over $500 for his cheapo-looking RCA cables, and brags about how big his power wire is. I ask him what the wattage is on the amps.. he hesitates and then says "uhh, somewhere around a thousand"

As he closes his trunk he, again, tells me "Alpine XD...best in the world man."

Now I know it was better than my system, and the story wasn't all that funny, but it was a little amusing that he seriously beleived it was the best in the world.

Well, I was going through youtube looking at random videos of subs/flex and I came by this comment.

"i kno its possible to hit 180 dbs... cuz my sisters b/f has a pontiac firebird n he has 2 15" pioneer premiers, 2 12" cerwin~vegas, n 3 10" MTX thunder series in bass tubes n hes runnin 4 audiobahn amps n 4 memphis amps n he hits almost 180"

Well, I was going through youtube looking at random videos of subs/flex and I came by this comment.
"i kno its possible to hit 180 dbs... cuz my sisters b/f has a pontiac firebird n he has 2 15" pioneer premiers, 2 12" cerwin~vegas, n 3 10" MTX thunder series in bass tubes n hes runnin 4 audiobahn amps n 4 memphis amps n he hits almost 180"
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I used to work with a guy at Best Buy that was one of those I know everything guy and wouldn't take anyone elses input for ****. Some key things he used to tell me was that "polk momo was the best speaker company out for mid-ranges" "Nothing out there is louder than kicker" and my personal favorite was what he said to me about my truck when I told what I hit at a comp. "Theres no way you hit 151 dbs, because at 150 your hearts suppose to stop, I've been to competitions before I know bro." I hated that guy with a passion, still do lol.

I used to work with a guy at Best Buy that was one of those I know everything guy and wouldn't take anyone elses input for ****. Some key things he used to tell me was that "polk momo was the best speaker company out for mid-ranges" "Nothing out there is louder than kicker" and my personal favorite was what he said to me about my truck when I told what I hit at a comp. "Theres no way you hit 151 dbs, because at 150 your hearts suppose to stop, I've been to competitions before I know bro." I hated that guy with a passion, still do lol.
hahaha best part was the bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.