stupid strong oak planks..

https://www.calibamboo.com/product-plywood-3ply-3-4-inch-vertical-carbonized-8012001700.html
It is very strong and rigid. Thilo was talking about it being the ideal material for speaker cabinets right before TC Sounds closed up shop, I believe even made some prototype HT passive radiator cabinets.
I don't think it's dense enought but I'll check it out. today the subs come out so I can finish the box. I think one of the spiders is coming unglued but it only at really high excursion it makes a metallic noise . It still jams and sounds good. I been dailying it tuned to 50hz. Lol. Ordering a recone Monday. I'm just gonna go to the show with it as is a see if they hold up to Street Beat.

I'm using the planks for the port and bracing. Gonna mix some wood dust and resin and start coating it to seal it today and check the driver. It looks like it's loading a tad.

I use these all the time at work they are strong as s***, they are made for stairways, so they have to be strong. actually have a piece of it in my garage right now that has been ripped down to make matching trim pieces for a custom stairway, blah blah blah.... anyways, the point of this is they are very expensive at $22.50 each it would take eight of them to make a sheet of plywood. so you'd be paying $180 for one sheets worth and actually it wouldn't even be a full sheets worth by the time you ripped off the rounded Edge and considering they are not a full 12in wide each. but if you got cash like that more power to you, I know I couldn't afford it.
Can these be used outside in the weather ? Or strictly made for inside use ..I’m wanting to over lay an old concrete step that’s starting to crack ..

Can these be used outside in the weather ? Or strictly made for inside use ..I’m wanting to over lay an old concrete step that’s starting to crack ..
I wouldn't recommend it, but you could check the specifications on the product, or contact the manufacturer to see what they say. but with that said two products I would strongly recommend are, pressure-treated stair treads or composite stair treads. most of your exterior decks are made out of one of these two materials nowadays, plus are the only two that are spect to be attached to concrete that I can think of off the top of my head. well I know the pressure treated is spect for it the composite is composite and can't be hurt by water or moisture, so whether it's spect or not it would be fine. just make sure you get glue that is made for it, or if you have a hammer drill I would recommend gluing it and screwing it with tapcons or other screws that are specs for treated wood to concrete. hope this helps.

Also as a side note regular hardware stores may not carry composite stair treads, but I would still check out the composite Lumber they carry. it naturally has a rounded Edge, maybe not as rounded as a stair tread, but if you could find it in the width you need it would Outlast all of us by far. if not the treated lumber will do the job nicely, and still most likely Outlast all of us, and I know they make treated stair treads and have them at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menards, with Menards having the best selection of lumber.

That should be great seats in for the sort of music you said you like. If you're breaking subs already you really need to step up your game.
Loading issues from horrible box. Don’t even know why u respond to his retarded post. Just like wew lad said if everyone stops responding to him he will leave or talk to himself. Just don’t feed the troll

NKvBA3j.jpg

That should be great seats in for the sort of music you said you like. If you're breaking subs already you really need to step up your game.
Bad glue joint on the cone to surround. That's on DD it was literally the surround slapping the cone. It was only happening at high output levels.. easy fix I for a second figured it is a bad spider joint but I'm golden. Freeaired them outside the box. Perfectly fine..

Loading issues from horrible box. Don’t even know why u respond to his retarded post. Just like wew lad said if everyone stops responding to him he will leave or talk to himself. Just don’t feed the troll
******* everything in the box is symmetrical

The f3 is 38hz so I figure tuned to 40 should give me a f3 of around 32 which is PLENTY low. Of course I had my xover at 35hz with a 48db/octave slope.. top end was at 80 for testing which is way higher than the res..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.