Stuck in protection mode with factory headunit and lc2i

Participant count
  • Participant list

van06TL

I recently bought a 2013 lesus gs350. Transfered everything from my old car. 

Pioneer GM D9601

kicker 10cvx12 compvx 4ohm

some boss cap 10farads  dont remeber specific model but it worked fine in old car. everything worked fine in old car

Set everything up in new car. Wire up the lc2i. Lc2i 12volt was tapped to a 12v at the stock amp wiring and now its connected to power wire at my pioneer amp. No change. Ground both on a factory ground spot and multiple other places. No change still in protection mode. I disconnected the sub from the amp since it kept making the constant heartbeat thump. (Will the pioneer amp go into protection mode if the sub wires are not connected? Did this so i dont blow my sub while troublesooting) 

Im not getting 12v at the amp remote wire and im not sure how to fix that or if that should be the way it is comming from the lc2i loc. At one point i was getting 12v but that didnt change anything either. I assumed that the loc was working correctly because it has always been turning on the amp and cap. Havent made any adjustments to the Loc settings.

Tried without the cap first then added the cap and no change. Tried different rca cable. Tried different speaker wire. Tried different remote wire. Grounded to different places. Still in protection mode. Except for the loc which is new everything worked perfectly fine in my old setup.

not sure what else to do or where the problem is. Any help is appreciated. First time using an loc btw 

Please verify the protection mode you refer to is the light on the amp. 

If the amp does not go into protection with the subs disconnected, then the problem is the wiring in the box (most likely).  Even one strand of wire can short out and cause this.

If the amp goes into protection without the subs disconnected, then the problem is in the amp. 

Pic or share the LOC settings?  Are you generating a turn-on signal from signal sense (auto turn on)?  Confirm the stock system is turned on during these tests.

Where did you get an audio signal from?  What factory speakers did you intercept? 

The factory amp power wiring is probably pretty small, confirm your amp has a dedicated run of power wire (4awg) ran to the battery (and fused at the battery). 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.