Diy (LTO) build. 12v 80ah battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

L1ttlet

CarAudio.com Regular
I am currently trying to acquire the correct knowledge and safety procedures to build my own lithium titanate battery. Upon my research I  found these cells https://m.alibaba.com/product/60785804554/LiFePO4-Replacement-Fast-Charge-2-4V.html?s=p&spm=a2706.amp_showroom 

Idk if these are a good price. So if my math is correct and research I  am wanting a 80ah battery. So at the 2.4 volts x 6 = 14.4v (6 in series) and  40ah per cell so 2 cells for 80 ah. (2 parallel). I'd need 12 cells. I am wanting to run between 3k - 5k watts rms with a stock alternator. Already have a xs d3400 under hood. Would  these 12 cells be enough to suffice? It seems like there wouldn't be enough in parallel to sustain and not over draw each cell. Also can I  just hook these up and just let car charge or do I need that special charger for these? Should or would I  need to have a BMS (battery management system) for these, if so which one? To my understanding these are the safest lithium alternative to car audio application. I really want to build one or buy one and keep it under $400. I have tried to find info on how to do this and unfortunately LTO is still new and not much I  can find on these or info on how to. Any help would be awesome. Like diy lithium for dummies. Haha 

Last edited by a moderator:
Those cells are not fully tested by anyone I know yet. Some testing has shown some promise. But why not wait and see some results? hispls will have some data soon, as will my friends.

And, you need to learn more about this stuff. High discharge lithium batteries are no joke. They can kill you.  A 10c rated 80ah battery can hit you with a minimum 800amps of dc current.

Dead short current is probably north of 2000 amps.While the cells seem safe, inadequate bussing causes heat, which can lead to failures, and possible fire. You really need to do a lot of research.  

I know the dangers associated with this not worried about all that as my connections will be safe. I've  see then tests of these being overcharged,  drilled through, cut and they come out without explosions. The reason I am trying to do this is so soon is I  want to make one investment on my power supply instead of two. I'd  rather do this then get a h/0 alternator and a heavy agm battery as my car is already squatting enough. Just the minor questions like with the lithium iron phosphate you have to check the charge on each and every cell. Make them all match and it is miticulous and takes tons of time according  to the research I've  done. These other ones seem alot safer and am hoping I  can just make the connections of the cells hook up in system and let them charge like that and not risk any hazards to me and or damage to the cells. 

Ah good to know. Well I  guess it's  time to get back on fb then. What groups on fb have the info I am trying to obtain?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.