Strange Subwofer Issue

Okay just don't want to blow either speaker. This system is a work in progress for me, obviously. I didn't realize that alpine had made two different models of the same sub when I went to purchase the new sub. Should have done more research. So could this issue be solved also by using a different box?

Ok, I took the sub out of the box and saw no visual defects. Therefore, I decided to put the new sub into the old single 12 box that I had to test and see if maybe the box was loose. The subwoofer still makes the noise when the amp is turned up. Looks like I'm going to have to return the sub after all.

oh and the issue will persist nomatter what box you use. That box though, looks to be a generic pre-fabricated box that doesn't really have a good tune or anything for daily listening. The Type R is a great woofer and will benefit greatly in output and sound quality if a custom box is built.

oh and the issue will persist nomatter what box you use. That box though, looks to be a generic pre-fabricated box that doesn't really have a good tune or anything for daily listening. The Type R is a great woofer and will benefit greatly in output and sound quality if a custom box is built.
It's supposed to be custom made for alpine 12's even though the mounting diameter didn't match very well. He supposedly sells generic ones and the specs are different compared to his postings. Point for ebay...

Yea I didn't really pay attention to the picture online when I bought it, was more worried about the price. Stupid, I know. Here is a video to show the sound the sub is making out of the box.
http://s1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg603/mhsnolie08/?action=view&current=IMG_1789.mp4
Hmm, can't really tell a whole lot because it looks like the sub is performing correctly but I did hear a slight knock every so often that sounded like bottoming out. I doubt that the amp would push the sub hard enough to do that. Just exchange it if you can man.

Also, with that box, It looks like a prefab for any subs. It is generic and not tuned or built for any specific sub. sounds like you got lied to a lil bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.