STILL F***ing up. Im literally going to light my sh** on fire!!!

1) The stock voltage meter is accurate for voltage at the batt, the problem is you need to know voltage at the amp. Buy another volt meter and run it directly to the amp.
2) Im surprised no one asked but whats the HU settings for sub output

3) Do you have an ipod with the RCA adaptor, if so, hook the ipod up to the amp and bypass the headunit and see if the headunit is the problem

4) Check the sub wiring, something could barely be making contact and causing an issue

5) Check all the wiring at the amp and make sure a strand or something isnt branching over to another terminal.
did all

Just sounds like the sub coils are out of phase to me. Think you either have a coil reversed on the sub, or you have a tinsel lead smacking the basket and grounding.
pls explain this

Maybe you weren't sent a D2 sub, maybe it's actually a D1 or lower and being wired in parallel is delivering a FAR too low ohm load on your amp...that would be my best guess, after everything you have tried.

1) The stock voltage meter is accurate for voltage at the batt, the problem is you need to know voltage at the amp. Buy another volt meter and run it directly to the amp.
2) Im surprised no one asked but whats the HU settings for sub output

3) Do you have an ipod with the RCA adaptor, if so, hook the ipod up to the amp and bypass the headunit and see if the headunit is the problem

4) Check the sub wiring, something could barely be making contact and causing an issue

5) Check all the wiring at the amp and make sure a strand or something isnt branching over to another terminal.
You did all this, what were the results of two and three...?

Maybe you weren't sent a D2 sub, maybe it's actually a D1 or lower and being wired in parallel is delivering a FAR too low ohm load on your amp...that would be my best guess, after everything you have tried.
Seems like a possible thing. Do you have another mono amp ?? I would wire a different one up and try it.

so, contact rusty and ask him lol?

No, buy a DMM, pull the sub and learn how to do it yourself.
This. The reason this stuck me as a thing that could happen is because you didn't have a DMM to have test it. And Steve Shady sent out wrong orders all ze fucking time...

idk what it is, but idk how you could trouble shoot w out a dmm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I would say voltage drop is the reason. But you dont have a DMM so it is hard to troubleshoot really.

I would recommend you try to wire it up to 4 ohm load, only if your amp is 4 ohm stable, and see what happens.

EDIT: just like everyone said, if nothing else works, just get a DMM as it should be able to find an answer for you.

Just go buy a dmm at walmart for $20-$25 and check the voltage... im betting it's voltage drop
$25? What the hell kind of walmart are you shopping at? Mine sells em for like 5 bucks, I can get one at Harbor Freight for like 2...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.