STILL F***ing up. Im literally going to light my sh** on fire!!!

From what you said of your system, and the fact that your big 3 is not complete, I would say your electrical is poor for that amp.
What impedance sub do you have??????????? d1,d2,d4?
but i couldnt do the alt to bat, everything else is done. its a d2 and i have it wired to 1ohm

1) As said earlier, the alt to batt is probably the most important part of the big 3, without it, you may as well say you dont have it.

2) Since you have a rear batt, all of your amps, etc. must be grounded to that batt, not the chassis of the car. Do you have wire run from the front to the rear for both the pos and neg? If not, you must do this. Then ground all your gear to the rear battery. It is looking more and more like your amp failed due to poor electrical.

1) As said earlier, the alt to batt is probably the most important part of the big 3, without it, you may as well say you dont have it.2) Since you have a rear batt, all of your amps, etc. must be grounded to that batt, not the chassis of the car. Do you have wire run from the front to the rear for both the pos and neg? If not, you must do this. Then ground all your gear to the rear battery. It is looking more and more like your amp failed due to poor electrical.
ok, but when i did the alt to bat, it drained my bat. will try again tho.

so, i have to put a wire from the neg on the bat to the neg of the amp, instead of the chassis? the bat DOES have a run of 0 gauge coming from the + and - of the bat under than hood. so thats done. does the bat in the back have to grounded? thanks for the help btw

1) As said earlier, the alt to batt is probably the most important part of the big 3, without it, you may as well say you dont have it.2) Since you have a rear batt, all of your amps, etc. must be grounded to that batt, not the chassis of the car. Do you have wire run from the front to the rear for both the pos and neg? If not, you must do this. Then ground all your gear to the rear battery. It is looking more and more like your amp failed due to poor electrical.
ok, but when i did the alt to bat, it drained my bat. will try again tho.

so, i have to put a wire from the neg on the bat to the neg of the amp, instead of the chassis? the bat DOES have a run of 0 gauge coming from the + and - of the bat under than hood. so thats done. does the bat in the back have to grounded? thanks for the help btw

How many times do people have to tell you, stop wasting our time if you are not willing to help yourself by buying a dmm. Without one this thread has gone as far as its going to go and its meaningless to try to tell you anything more.

ok, but when i did the alt to bat, it drained my bat. will try again tho.so, i have to put a wire from the neg on the bat to the neg of the amp, instead of the chassis? the bat DOES have a run of 0 gauge coming from the + and - of the bat under than hood. so thats done. does the bat in the back have to grounded? thanks for the help btw

If you have the + and - of the front batt going to the back batt than it's already grounded. Ground your amp to the back batt finsish the big 3 and im sure it would work properly and get teh DMM

How many times do people have to tell you, stop wasting our time if you are not willing to help yourself by buying a dmm. Without one this thread has gone as far as its going to go and its meaningless to try to tell you anything more.
well last night i couldnt get one and now im at school. im going to get one after school today.

And you also with a DMM you can check and see if you have a bad ground spot by putting the dmm on ohms and then putting one of the wires on the negative batt post then but the other wire from the dmm on the end wire of the ground and if it shows higher than .2 - .4 than you have a bad ground

glad to hear that. make sure before you do anything to do some testing w the dmm so you can find where your problem is at. after that do as the rest have said and check again. best to learn from your mistake.

i will say this because i heard it so many times buy a DMM... get with one of the guys in orlando and have a nice day.. information is your best tool so listen when you hear several people tell you the same thing over and over

**** too slow to post... good to hear though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.