STILL F***ing up. Im literally going to light my sh** on fire!!!

not sure if it was mentioned but pull the sub out and make sure one of the jumpers didnt come out of the sub terminal and grounding on the magnet... ive seen this happen before and boy smoked his amp
we took the sub out and the terminals were fine

Got a friend with a system? Try the amp in their car.
yah ill have to try this

home depot 20 buck in the electrical area digital multimeter
yah i no what it is now

dmm= digital multimeter, available at walmart or ANY hardware store, looks like this here [/img]
ok but how do i spot a problem with it

we took the sub out and the terminals were fine
yah ill have to try this

yah i no what it is now

ok but how do i spot a problem with it
read my last post again put dmm on DC Volts and put the red probe on the power terminal on the amp and the black probe on the ground on the amp it will show voltage at the amp you want it above 13volts i would say is a good median number

dmm is a digital voltage meter looks like this(doesnt have to be a fluke)
02261548.jpg

put it on DC Voltage and touch the power and ground on the amp and it will show voltage at the amp
also do this, check the coils on the sub.

read my last post again put dmm on DC Volts and put the red probe on the power terminal on the amp and the black probe on the ground on the amp it will show voltage at the amp you want it above 13volts i would say is a good median number
and if its not...

1) The stock voltage meter is accurate for voltage at the batt, the problem is you need to know voltage at the amp. Buy another volt meter and run it directly to the amp.

2) Im surprised no one asked but whats the HU settings for sub output

3) Do you have an ipod with the RCA adaptor, if so, hook the ipod up to the amp and bypass the headunit and see if the headunit is the problem

4) Check the sub wiring, something could barely be making contact and causing an issue

5) Check all the wiring at the amp and make sure a strand or something isnt branching over to another terminal.

Just sounds like the sub coils are out of phase to me. Think you either have a coil reversed on the sub, or you have a tinsel lead smacking the basket and grounding.

1) The stock voltage meter is accurate for voltage at the batt, the problem is you need to know voltage at the amp. Buy another volt meter and run it directly to the amp.
2) Im surprised no one asked but whats the HU settings for sub output

3) Do you have an ipod with the RCA adaptor, if so, hook the ipod up to the amp and bypass the headunit and see if the headunit is the problem

4) Check the sub wiring, something could barely be making contact and causing an issue

5) Check all the wiring at the amp and make sure a strand or something isnt branching over to another terminal.

This was going to be my last suggestion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.