SQ woofer / amp under $2k

Also, I was just notified by a friend at DD Audio. They will be releasing an SQ line by the end of April, beginning of may. He has been running one of the prototypes for a few months now. Not sure on exact prices, but he told me that the 10 would retail under $300 US Dollars.

I think you may want to reconsider trying to play up above 90hz. No subwoofer should be struggling to play up into even the 300s if you wanted but crossing so high will likely pull the soundstage behind you and become very hard to blend in properly particularly if you're planning on throwing 1000W at it.

That said, have a look at the Adire lineup. They've got a couple iconic models that are low distortion and will perform well sealed or ported alignment, and of course let's not forget to mention the tried and true JL W7 which is another 1000W sub that can sound good ported or sealed.

Apart from aesthetics or brand loyalty there is not need to spend super high on some "SQ" branded amp to play 20-100hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.