SQ woofer / amp under $2k

OtisWallace

CarAudio.com Newbie
edmonton
Somebody recommend to me a good woofer and amp for under 2k, that will likely sit in a sealed box in the back of subaru crosstrek hatchback. Looking for SQ, and something that plays well into the low 100s hz (maybe even crossed over at 100 or so). Thoughts?

So, you only want it to play in the low 100's? Why do you want a sealed box? Are we talking US dollars or Canadian? Something isn't adding up with your post. You need to list the rest of your system and the electrical system in your vehicle.

So, you only want it to play in the low 100's? Why do you want a sealed box? Are we talking US dollars or Canadian? Something isn't adding up with your post. You need to list the rest of your system and the electrical system in your vehicle.

sorry, no i want it to play all the way down, but be able to handle the punchier stuff in the low 100s as welll. I dont care to break sql records and drive my neighbourhood nuts, just some good quality bass to bring out the rest of the system.

Front doors are focal 690ac and rear doors are morel 6.5inch coax. doors are powered with a pioneer 100w / channel amp.

Lets go with $2k cdn.

Put this in 1.25 cubes sealed (if you are sold on sealed).

Screenshot_20210404-194148_Chrome.jpg
20210404_194404.jpg

GB is a great recommendation if you have the coin. Another amp option is the JL RD line. More budget friendly but have features the XD line has.

Arc is a great amp. Just wanted to throw another option out there. If I had that coin, I’d probably go with a dual GB sub setup (especially if going sealed).

Stereo Integrity SQL is a sweet woofer as well. They are coming out with some amps as well. They are mighty pricey but look sick and are supposed to have some high quality parts.

You guys are giving me lots to research. But seems that the AF GB gets a lot of positive attention. I’m really leaning this way. Thanks everyone for chiming in

Arc is a great amp. Just wanted to throw another option out there. If I had that coin, I’d probably go with a dual GB sub setup (especially if going sealed).
If I ever ran a sealed setup in the future it would most likely be a pair of GBs. Literally a perfect sealed sub (amazing SQ, high sensivity rating, good motor force).

Somebody recommend to me a good woofer and amp for under 2k, that will likely sit in a sealed box in the back of subaru crosstrek hatchback. Looking for SQ, and something that plays well into the low 100s hz (maybe even crossed over at 100 or so). Thoughts?
Ebay has some dead stock new old school mb quart pwe302s, 12 inch d2 subs, that were built by rockford fosgate in 2002. I recently got a pair of them myself for nostalgic reasons, the are $239 each, 600wrms, and only require 1cuft sealed. They also have several pwe254-10inch d4, and pwe252-10inch d2, these are 400wrms and $219 each. All are shipped free dude.

Don't forget to add in the price of the box
If you want sealed and want stealth then you might be looking at fiberglass or a wood-fiberglass mix which is going to be expensive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.