Speakers not working - Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

2018ram1500

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I bought this truck and all 4 door speakers don't seem to work. My small speakers on top of the dash do work, but I noticed later on, that the door speakers weren't working. I know absolutely nothing about vehicle wiring so maybe one of you can help me out. Thank you in advance! I'm attaching some pictures that can hopefully help and give you an idea as to why they might not be working. I did take off the door panel just to check and make sure there were speakers actually there just in case maybe the previous owner had taken them out.

Attachments

• wiring1 (1).jpg
    wiring1 (1).jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 44
  • wiring1 (4).jpg
    wiring1 (4).jpg
    446 KB · Views: 43
  • wiring1 (2).jpg
    wiring1 (2).jpg
    463 KB · Views: 40
  • wiring1 (3).jpg
    wiring1 (3).jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 40
  • wiring1 (5).jpg
    wiring1 (5).jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 42
Might do more searching to see if an amplifier or a couple amplifiers were removed? Pull door speakers to see if wire are attached or not(speaker wire or not). People will take theyre good speakers out and expensive audio gear and just place a Pawn Shop $10 pair of speakers in to fill a cavity.😳😳😳 Do more digging around.

Those pics remind me of just how much I really do not like LOC and the Like, due to such a wiring mess. Uggh. Those wre the days before RCAs came out.. High Level inputs, and lots of wiring took place.

Might do more searching to see if an amplifier or a couple amplifiers were removed? Pull door speakers to see if wire are attached or not(speaker wire or not). People will take theyre good speakers out and expensive audio gear and just place a Pawn Shop $10 pair of speakers in to fill a cavity.😳😳😳 Do more digging around.
I got under the floor pedals and looked at everything, but sadly I had no idea what I was looking at. I didn't actually take the speakers out when I checked the first time, so I'll do that next.

Might get a pic of the door speakers ,the back side of them to see what brand and model # they are. Looks like you may need to do some wiring and or purchasing of an amp or two, and sub or subs possibly??

Some one just pulled the amps and subs, maybe some tweeters possibly. Left the existing deck and maybe a decent set of mids or Coax possibly??

Take your time. Get some Pics up. Check under the hood to make sure that the power wiring is not attached to the battery. If there is an Inline fuse just remove it, or remove the wire off the + battery Post. If it is attached

I found this.

Attachments

• wiringg (4).jpg
    wiringg (4).jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 33
  • wiringg (3).jpg
    wiringg (3).jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 31
  • wiringg (5).jpg
    wiringg (5).jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 31
  • wiringg (6).jpg
    wiringg (6).jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 31
  • wiringg (7).jpg
    wiringg (7).jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 30
  • wiringg (1).jpg
    wiringg (1).jpg
    964.8 KB · Views: 34
  • wiringg (8).jpg
    wiringg (8).jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 35
Looks to me like there was a 2 channel amp in the rear which powered those speakers. It may well be that just throwing in a cheap amp would be simpler than trying to run new wire from behind the dash to the factory speaker locations, particularly if there's power and ground already in the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...