2018 Honda Accord / Voltage regulator / 14.4v

Participant count
  • Participant list

TOURING18

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm a newb when it comes to power so forgive me... :) Thanks in advance!

1.) Is there a way to bypass the voltage regulator so the alternator chargers 100% of the time without a CEL? Right now I have to drive with my lights on which isn't the end of the world but figured I'd ask.

2.) Right now I have 2k watts running off a XS D3400 (primary) w/ the big 3. I have a SMD VM-1 connected to my sub amp I often see it dip to 11.1v full tilt but no higher than 12.4. How can I bump this up to 14.4v? Would I have to run a 2nd battery to bypass the factory stuff? I know I can upgrade the alternator but I'm concerned that would still be limited. I'm asking these questions now because eventually I'd like to add another 2k and want to budget to do it right.

Appreciate your help!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...