Speaker won't fit!

675R
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Regular
US
So I bought some Boston Acoustics SC65's. They were advertised as 6.5", able to fit in 6.75" holes.

I measured, and the hole is 6.5" in my car, but I think it's a 6.75", nevertheless, it should have been able to get in, but it is way too small.

Does anybody know of anything that would make it fit?

I ordered this bracket from Crutchfield, but I just want to know if there are any alternatives if this fails. Thanks!

Speaker Mounting Brackets Fits select 1983-up vehicles (for 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" speakers) at Crutchfield.com[rank760]Speaker+Wire+%26+Installation

The adapter brackets should work. The cheaper way is to trace the original speaker on wood for an adapter and cut out a hole for the speaker. Plus it gives you a more solid mount than a thin piece of plastic.

hope, that looks amazing.

I'm a noob when it comes to these things. how do I cut the wood haha, and just get some from home depot or something? Looks pretty sturdy!

Yea, you need a jig saw, a drill, and a place to do the work.

Copyofdoordeadening007.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening008.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening009.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening010.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening011.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening013.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening014.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening016.jpg

Copyofdoordeadening018.jpg

I use hurricane nuts or t-nuts for speaker mounting. I use bolts to hold the baffle in place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.