Speaker won't fit!

Pics of the door and the old speaker and the new speaker should be good right.

One thing that might get in the way is on the door panel, there's like a circle thing that kinda connects to the speaker, if I use different brackets, it would be spaced further out, so how would I adjust for the extra space?

If you need more pics, just let me know! New speakers going in are Boston Acoustics SC65's. They're advertised as a 6.5", but they're pretty small. Mounting width for the new speakers are about 5 3/16. Thanks! Let me know!

img20120113211328.jpg

img20120113211441.jpg

img20120113211547.jpg

img20120113211639.jpg

img20120113234356.jpg

img20120113234409.jpg

It's part of the door panel lol, I don't really want to open up my doors for the 10th time today. But basically it kinda encloses the speaker when you put the panel back on.

I know I don't need it, but it's actually part of the door panel. I'll take a picture when I open it up again haha.

that circle on the door panel creates an airtight seal against the speaker. this is common for all cars. when you make a baffle like we are describing you increase the front depth - which means that the door panel ring will need to be modified. but you MUST make sure you maintain an airtight seal or you will have worse midbass than the factory speaker!

you should also measure available depth - from the metal to the glass - and find the lowest value. we still don't know if the new speakers are too deep.

ah, then i think 1/4" is a good baffle thickness. and get some open cell foam weatherstripping to put on the front of the new speaker - so it looks like the factory one. you won't need to modify the door panel then, since the factory speaker has some thickness in the front.

Sweet man, thanks for your help. Now I just gotta wait for that guy to message me, or find someone else haha. I want to get this done this week. You have no idea how much it pisses me off that my 6x9's in the back sound 10x better than then front haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.