Speaker Wobble/Distortion Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok wait... the amp that I have is 350wrms. Could I run speaker wires from that (2 channel) and run it to the speakers if I reduce the watt in between the amp and the speakers?
Yes. You can use that amp to power all four speakers. You would only need to run new wire to the speakers, OR, you could clip the OEM wires that go to the speakers and run them straight to the amp. For the front doors, you would clip them behind the radio. Tape off the wire that goes to the radio.
Ok wait... the amp that I have is 350wrms. Could I run speaker wires from that (2 channel) and run it to the speakers if I reduce the watt in between the amp and the speakers?
Yes, you just adjust the Gain on the amp to reduce the voltage.

Yes. You can use that amp to power all four speakers. You would only need to run new wire to the speakers, OR, you could clip the OEM wires that go to the speakers and run them straight to the amp. For the front doors, you would clip them behind the radio. Tape off the wire that goes to the radio.

Yes, you just adjust the Gain on the amp to reduce the voltage.

I believe the only issue is that my amp is using 1 of the 2 channels. Isnt it a bad thing to use 1 channel to power the 4 door speakers as well as the 2 dash?

I believe the only issue is that my amp is using 1 of the 2 channels. Isnt it a bad thing to use 1 channel to power the 4 door speakers as well as the 2 dash?
It is probably running in bridged mode. That means both channels are combined to one, a very common practice. For this setup, you will only power the door speakers because they are the same model. The dash speakers can stay on the radio's amp (common practice). Remember that you are going to blend the door speakers with the dash ones. That way one set will not drown out the other.
You can also buy another similar 2 channel and share all the hardware that is on the bass amp. That way you will not do without the sub channel. Bass is very important., life giving if you will.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...