Amp got rained on smoke and loud popping

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
I have a cab 22 amp and last night a mistakingly left my back window cracked about halfway down and it happened to storm, I went outside and saw water all over my box and amp and quickly dried it off and when I turned it out it went into protection mode and wouldn’t get out, I quickly turned it off and left it for the night after driving the best I could, this morning I tried it pit again and it was out of protect mode but after about 10 seconds it made loud popping noises and lots of smoke. Will I have to get a new amp or can this be fixed as it still turns on

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com VIP
nowhere
Nope it is fried. Best you can do is send it in to amp lap or send it into Cab/Audio Apex and have them repair it. Those are nice amplifiers I have one and they do what they are rated for and then some. Right now they don't have any in stock either because of supply issues. So best to email them on what place they would want it sent into for a repair. I know they send them out for repair iirc but not sure who.

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope it is fried. Best you can do is send it in to amp lap or send it into Cab/Audio Apex and have them repair it. Those are nice amplifiers I have one and they do what they are rated for and then some. Right now they don't have any in stock either because of supply issues. So best to email them on what place they would want it sent into for a repair. I know they send them out for repair iirc but not sure who.
What ***** is I just figured out I had a 2 year warranty but it says it’s not a bauble for reorder do you think they will still reimburse me it was 70 bucks for the warranty alone

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
What ***** is I just figured out I had a 2 year warranty but it says it’s not a bauble for reorder do you think they will still reimburse me it was 70 bucks for the warranty alone
Good luck on the warranty for user error. Call and find out what your options are. READ your Warranty information to see what it actually covers. Getting the amplifier and opening it up.. they will find the cause, and it will be a waste of$ on shipping it for warranty. Power is Cheap these days. I would look at getting another amplifier. Water and Electronics dont go together. Sell the amp as a parts amp on Ebay be my suggestion

Reactions: Jimi77

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
Good luck on the warranty for user error. Call and find out what your options are. READ your Warranty information to see what it actually covers. Getting the amplifier and opening it up.. they will find the cause, and it will be a waste of$ on shipping it for warranty. Power is Cheap these days. I would look at getting another amplifier. Water and Electronics dont go together. Sell the amp as a parts amp on Ebay be my suggestion
Idk the warranty says all inclusive and says practically all forms of damage is covered and it was almost 100 bucks I will link a pic of there warranty for a diff product as a can’t look at my product anymore

Attachments

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
Idk the warranty says all inclusive and says practically all forms of damage is covered and it was almost 100 bucks I will link a pic of there warranty for a diff product as a can’t look at my product anymore
It already states it will not cover within the first few sentences.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
Defects only.. and does not cover for user error.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
Buy another amp

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
That looks to be for the free warranty that comes with it read after it starts talking about the 70 dollar warranty
LOL.. Best to you. All you can do is try. Its still stated within the first few sentences of which is the original policy. Call and find out before sending it in

Reactions: Kohen36

Kohen36

CarAudio.com Regular
Alabama
LOL.. Best to you. All you can do is try. Its still stated within the first few sentences of which is the original policy. Call and find out before sending it in
Lol thank ya but In that pic I underlined where it states the policy for the updated warranty so I would think I’m good but who knows lol

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
USA
Call them and see if they will Honor it man. Just a phone call. No one here can state other wise with exception from what they have experienced as well as myself. If you do not have the original box and packaging.. 99.99% of the manufacturers WILL NOT accept for any kind of return or warranty just on that alone

Reactions: Kohen36

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.