Speaker terminals on amp goin bad?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jklfd
10+ year member

dB.v
Canada
OK, so i thought the problem with my subs cutting in/out was fixed after i screwed down the speaker terminals tight. I even switch to 12awg speaker wires and soldered them. I had 16awg wires before but because i tighened the terminals too much it actually clamped down on the speaker wires too hard breaking the wires. So i thought soldering and 12 awg wires would solve the problem...

So my subs still cut in/out. When it cuts out, i try to push the wires into the amp more and i would get my subs back. so i tighten them even more but the problem still occurs. I notice that when they cut out, if i hit the part where my speaker terminals are on the amp my subs would cut back in.... and then it would cut out...and if i hit it again it would work again. Mind you im not hitting the amp really hard, just a little knock.

Im starting to conclude that there is sth loose inside the speaker terminals on the amp.

Am i right? Can i do anything by myself, IE) take apart the amp to see if anything is loose?

Or do i have to get the amp warrantied?

I would try taking the subs out of the box and checking the terminal cup connection that goes to the voice coils. I had a similar experience where my sub would hit hard and the air inside the box would cause it to loose connectivity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.