Speaker selection on 16’ Scion tC.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tc350

CarAudio.com Newbie
Currently running a jl vx1000 5i with lower end focals up front (iss-690) and in the back. Also have jl subs in the back. Have had them for a while and I’m ready for something that is less harsh. Mostly focused on the front unless you tell me to switch the rears too. Do you guys have any recommendations? I can fit a 6x9 in my front doors or 6 1/2. Also throwing around the idea of putting a 3 way set up there. Not sure if the difference would be worth the additional cost plus headache with installation. I do have an opening as the car comes with factory 3 ways but would most likely need to make the opening a little bigger. Budget is around 1500 plus install. Thanks!

Your budget is pretty sizable. That amp is a dsp so regardless of headset you can go active. Maybe convert the 6x9 woofers in the front to 6.5 using wood rings. It will open up raw driver selection options wise and then just put a new soft dome tweeter. Should give you super tunable 2-way up front

Yeah there isn’t much selection in terms of 6x9 but could easily get a bracket for 6 1/2. Does active mean I wouldn’t have to use a crossover?

Yeah there isn’t much selection in terms of 6x9 but could easily get a bracket for 6 1/2. Does active mean I wouldn’t have to use a crossover?
Correct. Buying a comp set with passive crossover is paying for average crossover capabilities that you already have way better in your dsp amp. running passive crossovers through that amp is criminal. Tweets on front channels, 6.5’s on 3/4 and sub on 5th channe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.