Speaker rings, Fiberglass mixture, Linear actuator

giantgloworm
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
First I'm looking for someone to make me some speaker rings for my RL-i proto's and secong when mixing up resine how much hardner do you mix in. I'm working a big area and mixing up the small batches on the side of the can by counting drops is a pain. Anyone know a mix like for 1/2 gollen of resine to 2teaspoons of hardner or something like that? Doing the back of my car again. Its more or less going to be a huge fiberglass tub. Subs on the sides and amps on the floor. Also what is the best way to bond glass to ABS plastic. One last thing where is the best place to get a linear actuator. Need 6in throw? Thanks

use 14 drops of hardner to every 1 ounce of resin

that sounds incredably wrong, thats almost sounds like 25% catalyst to resin ratio

k here it is, for 100ml of resin mix in 1cc of catalyst (you can buy measured catalyst containers that read the amount of cc's to ensure accurate mixing)

now if you want 700ml of resin you would add in 7cc of catalyst for a 1% mixing ratio

if you wanted to mix at 2% then that 700ml of resin would require 14cc of catalyst, or @ 2% say you wanted 2000ml of resin, you would need 40cc of catalyst, get the pattern?

and the best way to bond fiberglass to ABS plastic is by roughing up both the plastic and the fiberglassed peice with rough grit sandpaper, then apply a semi rigid 2 part plastic epoxy, or a product similar to duramix 4040

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.