Speaker Problems?

Rebel-Chevy

well i had stock speakers in my s10 crew cab. i put a used jensen head unit in it and sounded great! A little over a week later the speakers got all distorted and sounded blown. I put the stock head unit in and still sounded the same. I got new speakers and same thing happened but this time the right side dont sound half bad but the left side is horrible. There are no wires visible that are touching any metal. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems or any advise? When i got the truck 2 weeks ago the left rear speaker didnt work at all, i tested the wiring with a different speaker and it was fine.

Unplug your speakers on one side and play it. I'm guessing your speaker wires are shorting out somewhere, possibly on the metal of the door panel. Disconnecting one side, then the other will let you figure out which side. Then either trace the wiring or run new wires.

Had that happen on a car years back. Speaker terminal was touching the cut out in the door.

also what happened the with the jensen the radio just faded out till it was just engine noise.. the stock one didnt fade out just normal distorted. Then i put the jensen back in when i got the new speakers in, it was fine for about 15 mins and then it faded out and engine noise again... can you use a voltage detector to find out if there is a short? instead ripping the door panel off?

I have the same situation... What I can do? I have a wierd noise on my speaker.. I change the Negative terminal to another place, I check the RCA and put another one but it was used, I checked the negative in the radio and I move to another place and I still have the wired sound on my speaker.. Even if the car is off it has the wire sound noise... What I can do?? Help!

Try hooking up your speakers one at a time to each channel of the head unit. If there is a specific HU channel that has a bad ground or a bad speaker wire you can pinpoint it. If the noise seems to fluctuate from chaanel to channel, or speaker to speaker, then you may need try to move the HU ground to see if noise is being introduced through the ground. Unwanted noise can be a long trouble shooting process as any electrical in your vehicle with a bad ground and/or short can introduce noise. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.