Speaker pop when starting car from accessory key position.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scooter7975

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
After installing my new system I'm getting a speaker pop when I start my car while my key is in the accessory position. Let me clarify, when I get in my car and start it, it's fine. When I turn my car off, it's fine. When I get in my car and turn the key back to accessory, just to listen to the tunes, it's fine. However, when I start my car from the accessory key position, my sub pops. I'm told this is bad. In order to circumvent, I was told to wire a switch into the amps remote wire. I've been turning my key to the off position and opening a door to kill all power to the car before I engage the key from accessory to start to avoid this. Why are the speakers popping, and how do I stop it without tapping in a switch?

2002 Buick LeSabre
Has NOT had a big3 upgrade
Alpine ILX 650
Alpine S Series 600w RMS mono block
Kicker 12" comp 2 ohm dual voice sub and box
Dual optima yellow tops

This system operates fine and performs as expected. No unusual smells and no erratic behavior. I want to do the big three soon to see if this helps. Any advice will help this girl. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    799.4 KB · Views: 186
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.