Speaker Noise??

reipan

I've posted recently regarding this issue and I have some updates (not sure if I should be starting a new thread or commenting on my previous one - sorry if I'm breaking any rules)

Here goes: I drive a 2009 Lancer I have replaced the rear door speakers with Alpine SPR-60 (coaxial – 100 Watts RMS) and the front speakers with Alpine SPR-60C (component – 110 Watts RMS). I have replaced my HU with Alpine iDA-X305S (CEA-2006 Power Rating: 18W x 4 Max Power Output: 50W x 4).

I first replaced the speakers and drove them with the stock HU and noticed a crackling/staticy noise coming from the remote tweeters (they have a very small "network" crossover between the woofer and the tweeter). I'm pretty sure i could hear it from the rear coaxial tweets too. All my equipment was bought from ebay and is brand new. The noise does not change with engine speed and is present at all volume levels and when the engine is running and not running. I thought replacing the HU (which i wanted anyway - bought it sooner than later) would be more capable of driving the speakers, but after replacing it i still have the issue.

I used all insulated butt splice crimp-ons (good quality) and proper crimp-ons to slide onto the speaker tabs, and a scosche harness (came with my dash insert) the harness didn't contain the power anntena wire, i had to cut the factory harness for that (what does this wire do? the antenna is a whip style at the back of the roof)

I've tried putting "lossless" wave files on the ipod (30GB video - older unit) thinking the source was the problem with no improvement. The HU does not play CDs. I've run a new speaker wire temporarily(not through the door) to one front speaker, then adjusted the HU to only drive that speaker (all other speakers still hooked up) to see if replacing the stock wire would help - no change. I tried the stock tweets (driven by new crossover) and still hear the static.

Is my HU undersized for these speakers? would an amp fix the noise issue? should i run all new speaker wire? maybe i need to recheck all my speaker terminations.

I'm frustrated my new system is not sounding the way I expected, I'd appreciate any help, thanks in advance.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

might have your power and ground wires flip flopped.

i have the same speakers currently until i get my MDF rings for my Diamonds.

i have them off an amp, no problems.

Thanks so much for the replies, I've found a solution: I should have tried this sooner, I own two ipods, the one I've been using is an older ipod video which has 30GB of storage. I tried my newer 1G itouch (only 8GB), it appears to have a cleaner output (not sure why). i still start to get a bit of distortion at higher volumes (to be expected until i add an external amp) but quieter volumes are very clean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Your older ipod is good its just that on older ipods if you have the volume all the way up it distors the sound, back it down a notch and it will sound just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.