Speaker matching

Participant count
  • Participant list

desertapache

CarAudio.com Newbie
My factory speakers were getting wore out so I purchased 4 speakers and a sub that were recommended as factory replacements for my car from Crutchfield, plus two 3.5" from Amazon. I have the 6 speakers hooked up but I'm not happy with them, at all. So I figured if give a rundown on my car, the purchases and the issues. My receiver is a Pioneer AVIC-X930bBT (MOSFET? 50Wx4) and I only use Bluetooth.

2011 Subaru Legacy Limited/ Harman Kardon
Factory speakers include:
2 dash, 4 door, 1 sub and amp but I don't know the sizes.

What I bought:
Infinity Reference 3032cf 3.5"
2 ohm, 25 rms, 90 peak

PowerBass OE-6C 6.5"
2 ohm, 75 rms, 225 peak

PowerBass OE-675 6.75"
2 ohm, 60 rms, 180 peak

JBL Stage 82AM 8"
4 ohm, 200 rms, 800 peak

With the factory speakers I could have the Loudness on high, SLA at max(+8) and bass at +4 (+6 is max) with no issues at all. Now after installing the 6 speakers without the sub, I have the Loudness on low, SLA at +0 and bass at +2. Any more than that and I get a lot of distortion. It's way quieter, way less bass plus the dash speakers are way more noticeable and don't blend in much with the door speakers. I think I dunfukt up somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...