Chevy Silverado Rear Speaker Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Roxie224

CarAudio.com Newbie
I know a lot has been discussed on this subject, but I'm at a loss. I had two kicker shallow mount L7'S installed with a harmony audio amp along with kicker components hooked up to a pioneer GM-D874. I kept the factory head unit from my 2015 Chevy Silverado and it ran without issue for about 5-6 months. When I got back from a long road trip, I noticed my rear passenger speaker was making a whining noise when I shut the truck off (the stereo was not playing anything). Now the whining will not go away. The noise does fluctuate a bit when the truck is accelerating. I switched the RCA's from the right rear speaker and plugged it into the left RCA jacks and the noise moved to the left side. The power wires and RCAs are run on opposite sides of the vehicle. I know pioneer doesn't have the best reputation especially when it comes to random noises. I checked all the wiring and everything appears to be tight. Any suggestions? Thank you!

It does have an LOC... I went to work on the truck yesterday and the speaker issue was not present, but now my subwoofer amp was going in and out of protect mode. The installer looks like he did a half ass job grounding the amps to the chassis so I cleaned it up a bit and it has stopped for now. I have noticed when I idle the truck for extended periods of time and then shut the truck off, it starts really rough. Could this be attributed to the poor ground or do I need a high amp alternator? I feel a 150amp alternator should be sufficient, although I was planning on upgrading anyways eventually.

- Roxie224

. I have noticed when I idle the truck for extended periods of time and then shut the truck off, it starts really rough
By this do you mean the starter drags or that the idle is erratic? If it is starter drag, then check the battery posts and terminals. Clean them up just in case. The 150A alternator should suffice fir anything under 1kW.

It does have an LOC... I went to work on the truck yesterday and the speaker issue was not present, but now my subwoofer amp was going in and out of protect mode. The installer looks like he did a half ass job grounding the amps to the chassis so I cleaned it up a bit and it has stopped for now. I have noticed when I idle the truck for extended periods of time and then shut the truck off, it starts really rough. Could this be attributed to the poor ground or do I need a high amp alternator? I feel a 150amp alternator should be sufficient, although I was planning on upgrading anyways eventually.

- Roxie224
You need check connections at battery. You Can Check with a DMM of the Amperage at the Alt while running , and check the battery in the morning while at rest over night to see if its holding above 12v. Might look at doing the Big3 in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...