Head Unit installation issue (12V ignition)

Participant count
  • Participant list

SamCSF556

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recently got a aftermarket head unit for my 07 GMC Canyon. During the installation I had to splice the ignition wire into another wire that had 12V during ignition. Decided to splice into a wire from the AC unit. This worked out and everything seemed fine until I tried using both the AC and head unit at the same time. The head unit shuts off completely when the AC is at a specific power but works fine when it is off. This was my first time ever doing electric work and don’t understand what is causing this or how I can fix it . Is there a possibility I can get it to work in its current set up, or am I best off just splicing into something else instead. Any help is appreciated.

You learned why they make adapters and why they cost what they do. Run a relay off that wire then to the radio using the radios power wire to supply power to the radio not the ac turn on wire

Probably a voltage drop. Why didn't you use the ignition from the old HU. Why did you splice into anything when there a cheap plug and play adapters available?
I don’t think the old HU had an ignition? I at least wasn’t able to figure out what it was and another forum I used said I would need to connect the red wire (ignition) to a switched power source. I didn’t use an adapter because I’m an idiot and didn’t do any research into this. Thanks for the reply. I will also attach the image I used to connect all of the wires.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...