Speaker makes crackling noises...Need some advise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dimond
10+ year member

So Cal
Sup guys..wanting to get some opinions or help on this matter

My friend recently got his Diamond Hex components and Alpine deck installed, out of all the places he went to Best Buy. I checked them out today and noticed that the passenger side made crackling noises at higher volumes maybe around 20-25. There is no amp, just running off deck power. I feel bad for the guy since he just started getting into car audio. The guys at Best Buy told him that they would need to recheck. One of the installers told him that the tweeters and speakers were blown.

The driver side is fine, only the passenger side. Could this be a poor wiring job?

First of all, an Alpine head unit should not be driven to volume level 25 if the internal amp is used. It introduces distortion at around 22.

But yes, it very well could be poor wiring. It could also be that the speaker is damaged due to clipping the shite out of it at volume level 25.

My guess would be a wiring problem, given the install shop.

If it sounds like a wet fart, it could be humidity or a bad connection for sure.

check that side, wires connectors, heat shrink or tape after double checking and crimping the spade connectors. Speakers many times get wet right at the connectors when it rains, I tend to solder bare wire, heat shrink the terminal and connect a few inches away from the driver and possible splashing and put tape over the spade or bullet connector.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.