Speaker cuts out when breaking

jsheph01

After I installed my 4 channel amp occasionally one of my front speakers would cut out while playing at low volumes while breaking/turning. It does not always happen and it is not always the same speaker. If the volume is turned up then everything is fine. I thought it might be a loose connection but I checked everything and nothing was loose. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it?

amp is a 4 channel 250 watt Rockford fosgate

edit: yes big three has been done with 4 gauge wire

Last edited by a moderator:
Y does ur subject totally different from ur actual problem.

anywho do u have the big 3 done also check ur rcas try switching the rears to fronts and see if the prob moves to rear speakers then

also what did you use to set ur gains. Ddm, by ear or oscope

I'd check your RCAs and make sure none of your speaker connections are grounding out somewhere. Depending on the size of the amp not having the Big 3 done probably is not the issue, I'm guessing the amp is not over 800W RMS if you're using it just for door speakers.

try to duplicate the fault, whilst watching your amp, make sure it's not going into protect or anything like that..... ^^^^ try this, swap front rca's for the rear rca's on the amp.

Only one speaker goes out at a time so I doubt its going into protect mode. I swapped the rca cables and still get he same result, I even turned my gains down to about a quarter and still get the same effect. Is there anything else I could check?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.