Soundqubed hds3 do anything?

Soundqubed's hds3.112 subwoofer is only $125. Do they perform okay? I looking to get 3 12s to replace 2 Kicker CVX 12's. Anybody heard this Soundqubed sub?
I wouldn't touch anything below the HDC line. There's a reason they are cheap.

What do you expect to gain over your Kickers? What's your box like?

Soundqubed's hds3.112 subwoofer is only $125. Do they perform okay? I looking to get 3 12s to replace 2 Kicker CVX 12's. Anybody heard this Soundqubed sub?
what box u gonna put them in? what amp u have? some peeps say hds don't play very deep and they don't like the basket, i've seen others say they're fine and for the sale price i'm sure they are., will they be louder than what u have idk, say guy say 1 was louder than his 2 type R's but depends what box and amp.. u coulda got fu audio 750 for $159 each couple weeks ago..

My amp is a soundstream picasso 6000.1d. Im having a custom ported box built, subs up, port back. I'm hoping to have better lows, and to be cleaner and louder.

My amp is a soundstream picasso 6000.1d. Im having a custom ported box built, subs up, port back. I'm hoping to have better lows, and to be cleaner and louder.
thats all in the enclosure and a nice balanced sub. Soundqubed lower lines is far from balanced, its rather peaky but they get loud. For your power, you should look into lower powered subs, that picasso 6000.1 vastly overrated, about almost 2k rms at 1 ohm only. If you have space in an SUV, do two 15s instead.

I'm starting from scratch, new everything. This system going into a 2000 Blazer. I have very little money for this build, but i still want to get a set up performs decently. I know it's a far cry from what some of you fellas have. Lol

So far I have managed to stay within a very tight budget. At this point i have bought a 300 amp Delco altenator ($170), NVX 0 gauge big 3 ($50) and amp wiring kit ($90), a JVC hu ($120), a long with a Soundstream Picasso 6000.1 ($200). This brings me to crucial point in my purchasing. I have $400 for subs. I was originally looking at two American Bass XFLs ($170 a piece), but the guy doing my enclosure build recommended three Soundqubed HDS3.112 subs instead ($125 per sub). I trust his opinion but I've have never heard this brand, or product in person. The three sub build would give me more cone area, and would fit nicely in my cargo area, but i was wondering if anyone has input on such a cost effective subwoofer? So basicly, does the HDS3s perform decently? My goal is nice lows and a lot of bass that is somewhat clear. The box we're planning is a double baffle ported enclosure. Subs firing up, port back, it will be a tuned build. The jury's still out on components. Do you guys think that's enough electrical to support 3000 rms?

All in all I want to be able to pull up at work and go head to head with my co-workers' systems. They all paid way too much at the local car audio shop for your standard 2 12s and a 1000 watt amp. They've been giving me a hard time about my build. Laughing and cracking jokes about how i'm buying junk, and man do they talk trash. Lol. I actually have several small wager bets with them about who's system will sound better yada yada. Anyway, i've been reading this forum for a while and figured you guys might be able to shed some light on this product, and build. Any thoughts, opinions, or ideas would greatly appreciated.

That's about the 5th thread you started in 24 hours... or something like that... lol... that amp IS garbage and your perception of what's gonna work is ok but could use some help... if it was up to me... I would have spent on a CAB 1600.1 with Sundown 2 E-15's and a nice ported enclosure... for the price that combo will be hard to beat IMO... I just hope you don't wire that amp to .67 ohm or expect too much... the CAB/E-15's are the way to go IMHO if you got the space and have a tight budget

in suv 15's will be better if u can do a big box.. like jeff said if u do a good box the hds can be good but y not get box and try subs u have in it spend $ on diff amp and upgrade subs later maybe..

Yeah, I'm ready to get this build going so I'm doing last minute research before i buy subs. I had everything figured out and was ready to purchase two 12" ab xfls, but my builder recommended the 3 hds3s over the 2 abs, so I'm scrambling for opinions.

[quote name='Gatorade']Yeah, I'm ready to get this build going so I'm doing last minute research before i buy subs. I had everything figured out and was ready to purchase two 12" ab xfls, but my builder recommended the 3 hds3s over the 2 abs, so I'm scrambling for opinions.[/QUOTE] @audiobahn has had both see what he says but he seems to love ab a lot..

Yeah, I'm ready to get this build going so I'm doing last minute research before i buy subs. I had everything figured out and was ready to purchase two 12" ab xfls, but my builder recommended the 3 hds3s over the 2 abs, so I'm scrambling for opinions.
Cone area is generally key...but you will also be at an odd Ohm load as well..like 1.3?

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=22#results

Or at another odd ohm load

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=42#results

I still have the HDS 312s and 310s, and XFL 12s,10s and a 15 and both subs perform very nicely in a well tuned enclosure and some real power.Id run a pair rather that 3 subs to get the most out of them and a better tuned enclosure. Out of both subs, my favorites are the XFLs, they are Brute as hell and take some power and I have never blown one or got coils darkened on any XFL Ive had in 10s, 12s, or 15s.You deaden the cabin well, they will sound very clean on lower volumes if tuned correctly, and they slamm when you want.Its really a no comparison with XFL and the HDS line of SQubed. Though, the SQubed HDS 312s do sound pretty nice well tuned and can get nasty when you want, but they dont get down and dirty like the XFLs do.Just my $0.02 cents from experiencing.But Both subs are worth the money in my opinion

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.