Powered subwoofer install

Participant count
  • Participant list

cdremy

MN
Running a Alpine 4 ch 50W per ch 4 Polk speakers off the stock head. Want to install Kenwood 150 watt under seat powered sub. Can this be hooked up through the amp or does this need to go through the battery and head. Also, will this be overloading my battery and electrical system. Thanks

Running a Alpine 4 ch 50W per ch 4 Polk speakers off the stock head. Want to install Kenwood 150 watt under seat powered sub. Can this be hooked up through the amp or does this need to go through the battery and head. Also, will this be overloading my battery and electrical system. Thanks
lol i hope u not overloading electrical on 350 rms at most., i'm running almost 1k on mine with no lite dimming.. real way to do that i would think is use dist blocks for power wire/ground and then split off smaller wires to amp and sub but if that sub came with enough wire to run up to battery u can just make sure u put a fuse on it at battery.. if u have after market hu with sub out rca us that if not u can get y adapters to spilt rcas at amp run rcas to the sub.. wish u woulda let us talk u into a $100 amp and $140 sub/box instead of that..

1. NO DO NOT HOOK THIS UP TO YOUR AMP. A powered subwoofer has its own amp built in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif plugging your powered sub unit into your other amp would be providing that amp wayyyy too much voltage. In other words. NO. just hook it up separately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif with a splitter block.

2. You should be more than totally fine on electrical. If you have any problems with lights dimming or get a battery light just let us know and we will help you get it fixed. Should be totally totally fine though.

Thanks for your replies As far as connecting to the amp, I was wondering instead of running the subs power wire to the battery if I could hook the subs power wire to the amps power terminal. Thanks

Thanks for your replies As far as connecting to the amp, I was wondering instead of running the subs power wire to the battery if I could hook the subs power wire to the amps power terminal. Thanks
Well, a distro block is the same premise but cleaner. You really should be using the maximum wire your amps can take. I would run 1/0 to a distribution block then a run of 4 gauge to each amp. To answer your question, yes, from one input terminal to another input terminal for power you could in theory jump it. But don't. That's a lot of risk and bad practice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.