Sound Deadening doors ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Now i'm even more confused

Enthausist rant about how people use CLD/CCF for the wrong reason and that it won't really reduce or block sound. They say "if you actually want to block sound you need something like MLV"

Now the enthuasist are basically saying "MLV is essentially pointless, very few people will actual install it correctly to make it worthwhile"

So no matter what option your doomed ? Also seems weird that majority of people who buy something like Luxury Liner pro are experiencing placebo when they say sound is reduced because according to the logic sound will just come in from somewhere else since very very few do full car coverage

No, it's only pointless if you are trying to block sound and don't do the entire vehicle. If you don't do the entire vehicle, that outside noise is still getting in anyway. Long story short, either DO IT, or don't do it.

Now i'm even more confused

Enthausist rant about how people use CLD/CCF for the wrong reason and that it won't really reduce or block sound. They say "if you actually want to block sound you need something like MLV"

Now the enthuasist are basically saying "MLV is essentially pointless, very few people will actual install it correctly to make it worthwhile"

So no matter what option your doomed ? Also seems weird that majority of people who buy something like Luxury Liner pro are experiencing placebo when they say sound is reduced because according to the logic sound will just come in from somewhere else since very very few do full car coverage
what he means is you cant half ass MLV. Sure you get some minor increases here and there but the gigantic SQ leap doesnt come until you finish the whole car. But for midbass and turning your door into an enclosure, ABS aka plastic, or sheet metal is best and more cost effective than MLV.

No, it's only pointless if you are trying to block sound and don't do the entire vehicle. If you don't do the entire vehicle, that outside noise is still getting in anyway. Long story short, either DO IT, or don't do it.
what he means is you cant half ass MLV. Sure you get some minor increases here and there but the gigantic SQ leap doesnt come until you finish the whole car. But for midbass and turning your door into an enclosure, ABS aka plastic, or sheet metal is best and more cost effective than MLV.
I understand now. There's no point for example to proof my doors to where there only 55db if my floors are still allowing 75db of noise through.

The bottom carpet along with my seats are easy to remove so I'll just order more mass loaded materials and do everything (4 doors + floors + wheel wells + trunk).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.