Bose system help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seif

CarAudio.com Newbie
2010 Impala LT 3.5 100K miles with the Bose stereo, single CD, no Nav system. About 2 weeks ago I got in one morning and no audio from the system. No turn signal click, no chimes, no radio, no audio at all from any speakers, but everything else seemed to function visually, all LEDs in the display good, CD function good visually and mechanically, phone function good visually, steering wheel audio switching functions work, just no sound from any speakers for any function. Got back in the car after work and all normal function returned 100%. Now it has done it again. All of the above again. I did stop on my way to work and turned the car off, got out, let all lights go out, after a couple minutes got back in and started the car but it had no effect, no sound at all. I will definitely look into an aftermarket system later but right now (not to whine) I have a lot of unexpected money in the car and have to save up. Bought it about 8 mos. ago, decent deal, and transmission needed rebuild 6 mos. later and a few other repairs. Now I am way upside down on blue book value so I'm going to be driving it for some time, but all else is good on the car and I like it, even the stereo when it works. I have a bout 10 hours of driving ahead this weekend so it's a bummer right now. I'm going to try the fuses under the rear seat, check the connections on the amp under the rear deck (I think), disconnect the battery for a while. If nothing else I will buy a new/used factory head unit and amp. Which would you replace first? I would like to keep the stock functionality, steering wheel controls, remote start, phone, etc. if possible. When I can afford I will look into aftermarket. Thanks for any ideas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.