Poor Radio Reception

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seftonbarn

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
I have just bought a second hand 2011 Mini One D R56 1.6D. The seller told me everything worked fine. Unfortunately the radio doesn't work. Evidence suggests that the previous owner fitted an after market head unit. One of the fancy touch screen ones from Hong Kong. Actually I am quite impressed with it. Initially I thought that I had found the problem in that it had no aerial connected at the back of the head unit. There appeared to be 3 redundant original car side antenna cables. They appeared to be single type connectors but the aftermarket head unit appeared to be a double type connector. I tried all 3 of the car side antenna cables onto the bottom half of the head unit connect (none of them fitted the top half of the head unit connector) and although they started to give a reception none of them were good. (Radio plays but is crackly). I think the original unit was a DAB radio. The car has some sort of antenna amplifier inside the boot hatch door. I am not sure there that new head unit is providing power to it though. I was wondering if I could make up a slave loom starting at the head unit with a double connector and terminating at the fin type aerial on the car roof (it has 2 connectors). Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.