Somewhat Confused

Gee, when I read the title, I thought someone was calling my name. ;-)

But to be serious, the Duracell batteries are fine. And you don't need to replace both unless the one under the hood isn't taking a charge. Also, did you have the second battery grounded?

You don't need the isolator unless you're playing the system with the vehicle off often. Also, I read your sig (which I hadn't before) and you mention you're mixing wet and AGM batteries. Wet cells hold a lower surface charge than AGMs so when you mix them, the wet cell will rob the surface charge from the AGM.

To compound that problem, the big three grounds plus the factory grounds are causing the majority of charge current to hit the front battery, leaving the rear battery undercharged.

The only ground that should be connected to the front battery is the factory ground. From there, you should run a positive and negative run to the rear battery and then, the rear battery should be grounded to a shock tower... two grounds would be even better, with one to a shock tower and the other to a body panel. Big three grounds should go from the alternator case (or engine block) to a shock tower and a frame member only.

Current follows the path of least resistance, so when your front battery is grounded better than your rear(s)... it will always get the lion's share of charging current.

Oh wow, I'll have to work on that then. Thanks.

Does anyone have had experience with a Duralast Platinum H7 AGM battery? It's it worth buying? Will it support heavy loads like those optima, kinetik, xs power batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.