Somewhat Confused

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello Guys, Last week I disconnected my trunk battery and took it home to do the bi weekly scheduled trickle charge maintenance. So I've left it at home on the charger a few days and I've been lazy to go put that battery back in the car. But during those days that the car was without that secondary battery, I've noticed that the voltage is dropping less than it was with the secondary connected, even at loud bass/volume.(My system is completely described in my signature)

Why is this happening? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Guys, Last week I disconnected my trunk battery and took it home to do the bi weekly scheduled trickle charge maintenance. So I've left it at home on the charger a few days and I've been lazy to go put that battery back in the car. But during those days that the car was without that secondary battery, I've noticed that the voltage is dropping less than it was with the secondary connected, even at loud bass/volume.(My system is completely described in my signature)
Why is this happening? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Thanks in advance.
may want to check that secondary battery. it may kind of weak or dropped abit in the time that you didnt reinstall it

I checked the battery and after charged and disconnected for a while it reads below 12v. Will this cause that problem of more voltage drop with the secondary battery connected?

I checked the battery and after charged and disconnected for a while it reads below 12v. Will this cause that problem of more voltage drop with the secondary battery connected?
yes if the battery is below 12 volts ,its bad

That batts done for

Thanks. And does anyone have had experience with a Duralast Platinum H7 AGM battery? It's it worth buying? Will it support heavy loads like those optima, kinetik, xs power batteries?

Yes, don't put it back in. time for new. it will keep trying to charge but not hold a charge, it's doing more harm than good.

Does anyone have had experience with a Duralast Platinum H7 AGM battery?

It's it worth buying?

Will it support heavy loads like those optima, kinetik, xs power batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.