So confused ?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justinjt

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys I'm new here I'd like first and foremost that I'm not greenhorn but I haven't been an installer for 10+ years either. So the issue I am having is I'm running 4 Orion xtr12 dual 2 ohm subs brand new wired series parallel and I'm pretty sure that should if I wired them in 2 groups that give me an impedance of 2ohms and 2 ohms so run that parallel should give me a final impedance of 1 ohm so why am I getting 2 ohms off of 2 different multimeters

Hey guys I'm new here I'd like first and foremost that I'm not greenhorn but I haven't been an installer for 10+ years either. So the issue I am having is I'm running 4 Orion xtr12 dual 2 ohm subs brand new wired series parallel and I'm pretty sure that should if I wired them in 2 groups that give me an impedance of 2ohms and 2 ohms so run that parallel should give me a final impedance of 1 ohm so why am I getting 2 ohms off of 2 different multimeters

Because it should be 2 ohms.

I can't remember but here is a picture of it just spent almost 400 on materials for the enclosure because I needed just over a full sheet of mdf so I bought 2 thought how can you mess up speaker wire I should have kept my mouth shut lol after I checked each coil I started continuity testing the wires and on 2 of them I had no continuity wtf

Attachments

• 16705668157394787152152773811737.jpg
    16705668157394787152152773811737.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 27
I can't remember but here is a picture of it just spent almost 400 on materials for the enclosure because I needed just over a full sheet of mdf so I bought 2 thought how can you mess up speaker wire I should have kept my mouth shut lol after I checked each coil I started continuity testing the wires and on 2 of them I had no continuity wtf

WTF!! That's some shyt wire.

Dayuuum!! LOL. Going CHEAP sometimes doesnt pay..LOL 💩 💩

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...