Participant count
  • Participant list

drummer_punk82
10+ year member

Michigan
I was wondering how this is possible.

Ok, here is my system:

*12WX4(cont.pwr.), 2.7V preout Eclipse head unit

*Sony Xplod 2/1channel 380WX1(cont.) or 150W X 2(cont.) Power Amp.

*2X JL Audio 10" W3 subwoofers

-all in a '93 Volvo 850 GLT

My girlfriends:

*45WX4(max), approx. 2V-3V preout Pioneer head unit

*600W(it says 600W on the top, it's probably max power, but I'm not sure) competition level Power Amp.(also written on the top) by a brand I've never heard before-

*2X 12" subwoofer that are another brand I've never heard before

-all in a '89 Buick Regal

Now, here is the weird confusing part. My sub amp level is turned about 2/3 of the way up and the subs are in series. My head unit is at+2/6 bass, and at 12/16 sub w. level. It's pretty loud. However, my girlfriend's subs are just as loud as mine, and her amp is turned ALL the way down, the subs are also in series, and her head unit isn't turned up any higher than mine. What the hell is going on? I really doubt it's because her subs are 12" and mine are 10". Her box is fricken massive though, could that be it? I don't know. Maybe it's my Sony amp. But I used to have an Alpine 750W(max) 2/1chan. amp and that was max power and bridged and I ended up blowing it, and it still wasn't as loud as hers. Really strange it is. I'm glad her system is loud, she likes it when she wants it loud, but I can't understand why mine is so much quieter. Any comments, answers?

First thing first.....acoustics play a massive roll on how the sound is even possibly more so than the equipment. Second thing, she has much more power than you and a larger air space being moved by a larger speaker. You do the math then think how she is louder than you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.