hey got an amp wiring question

hey bud i do not fully understand what you mean do i have to buy a fuse block or is that the thingy that comes with the wiring kit...also do i run the power wire from the amp kit directly to battery or is another wire needed...thanks

MECP says you should fuse 12" from the battery while IASCA allows up to 18". Really the shorter you can do it, the better.

I don't think we need to worry about IASCA with this kid. Not to be rude, but if he wasn't sure if he should power the amp off of the car's fuse panel, I don't think we'll see him in the competition circuit.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i hear what your saying but maybe someday he'll beat you lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif i bet there was a time that we all didn't know that you could run the amp through the fuse panel

Fuel, that was funny. I'm sorry guys, all I meant was let's just help the kid get music in his car. We'll worry about breaking world records later.

thanks for the insult monkey butt...not offended though, I am here to learn..or at least try to...i was just asking becaude I think my friends power amps power wire was wired along the left side of his car, near his fuse box...i just didnt get a look at it....but fyi i am very dedicated when I get into something the only thing keeping me from competing is time and money...all of it is going towards college next year...but thanks for the insult

i hear that man... saving for college sux... i took advantage of futureshops 30 day money back guarentee when my other sub fried and i just had to take back my loaner from future shop cause i couldn't afford to keep it cause of stupid college.... oh well hopefully i'll make enough to buy good stuff after college. i am running my 5 1/4's off my sub amp now(no bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ) oh well though guess it'll have to do.

ouch 5's for lows that ***** but hey whatever ya have to do....anyways thanks for all the input you guys now I know to run the power wire to my amp directly to the positive battery terminal and place the fuse as close as I can...up to 18...thanks again maybe I will see you guys in comp someday

better loud than nothing right??? anyways one day itll all work out for the better...just stick to what your good at and get back in the game..kinda makes u wish u had invested in some good stock so u could buy whatever u want right???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif :banghead:

Hey relax good things come to those whom wait! I wanted it all and had a lot for not much money at 18-19yrs old, but worked ****ed hard for it. Now am 25 and setting up the dream system and ready to open my own shop in the next few months to a year. Keep it rockin and don't let small things get in the way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.