Some issue help needed

Name'sDEEZ

CarAudio.com Regular
Earth
Sup forum so the problem im having is that my amp just cuts off when i turn up the volume once i turn it down it kicks back up again.

Is it ground,? s it a wire connection? Is it speakee connection? Is it my amp settings? Is it............ me?

Some help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Information needed:
Type of vehicle Year and model
Type of battery brand and size
Type of alternator and amperage in Vehicle.. Stock or aftermarket
Size of supply wiring and fuse
Make and model of amplifier and what it is supplying (speakers and subs make and model)
Make and model of HU/Radio
If using an LOC.. What brand and model#

Information needed:
Type of vehicle Year and model
Type of battery brand and size
Type of alternator and amperage in Vehicle.. Stock or aftermarket
Size of supply wiring and fuse
Make and model of amplifier and what it is supplying (speakers and subs make and model)
Make and model of HU/Radio
If using an LOC.. What brand and model#
Damn almost like a doctors visit lol i thought it was something simple that i was just missing.

But here it goes off top of my head

01 explorer sport/ ford
AGM 65
Stock Alti i think its the 130 / 160 im not to sure on that one.
250 amp fuse inline with a 4G power wire
Sounstream tower amp 1400 feeding a 12" sundown and a sound xtreme 12" wired to 1 ohm
Pioneer FH-X72

It’s likely a bad ground or bad connections along the power wire. Check from the battery all the way to the ground connection. Mine was doing this, and it was because a connection worked loose on my fuse holder and my amplifier was shutting down when I’d push for power.

It’s likely a bad ground or bad connections along the power wire. Check from the battery all the way to the ground connection. Mine was doing this, and it was because a connection worked loose on my fuse holder and my amplifier was shutting down when I’d push for power.
So i checked and started like normal and so far everything is working like normal. But all i did was check thats it. So what would be the best to keep the wires etc from moving around?

Damn almost like a doctors visit lol i thought it was something simple that i was just missing.

But here it goes off top of my head

01 explorer sport/ ford
AGM 65
Stock Alti i think its the 130 / 160 im not to sure on that one.
250 amp fuse inline with a 4G power wire
Sounstream tower amp 1400 feeding a 12" sundown and a sound xtreme 12" wired to 1 ohm
Pioneer FH-X72

Is that amp one ohm stable? Who set the settings and gain on your amp? Can you take a pic of your amps settings and post it here? It could be a voltage problem and your amp is going in/out of protect.

This is nothing to do with your problem, but I see a way bigger safety issue. A 250a fuse is way too big for 4 gauge wire. That needs to be changed to 100 or at most 120a. You could potentially melt a 4 gauge wire and never blow a 250a fuse.

Maybe an Easier Chart to View and understand about wire size, feet ran and proper fusing for that run and wire size.. For Copper Wire Only Chart

So i checked and started like normal and so far everything is working like normal. But all i did was check thats it. So what would be the best to keep the wires etc from moving around?

To protect the wires you can use wire loom. To keep the wires from moving there’s wire tie downs. When running wire through the sheet metal I’d use grommets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...