So which Component speakers should I buy? Also new amp?

Glock23
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
il
Here's what I'm thinking:

Serious Amps I'm thinking of getting IF I don't get an upgrade from atomic:

DD m3 Price???

Sundown 3000D $900

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_11&products_id=2

Soundstream XXX-10000D $1200 ?

Memphis 16-MCD4KW $1300

For the EQ I was thinking one of these:

AudioControl DQL-8 - Audio Control 8 Channel Line Output Converter with Auxiliary Input/Digital Signal Processing

Zapco SX-SLII - Zapco Premium Pre-Amp/EQ/Crossover

Zapco SX-SL 4 - Zapco Band Paragraphic EQ w/X-Over

For my new front speakers I'm thinking:

Focal 165K3P UV (Upgraded Version) - Focal 6.5" PolyKevlar Power 3-Way Components

$1,209.99

Dynaudio Esotec System 362 - Dynaudio 8" 3 Way Component Speakers

$1,149.99

CDT Audio ES-07.2US GOLD - CDT Audio 7" 3 Way Complete Component Set with built-in UpStage System

$1,399.99

Have you listened to these?

I don't think going with the Dyns would be a bad choice, but considering you'd have to throw the passive crossovers out and run them active to make it worth it, you may want to go with individual drivers and "make" your own set instead. $1000 could buy some very nice individual drivers from Madisound or direct from Hybrid Audio.

thanks guys and thanks mlstrass I'll hopefully be ready. Really depends when the next CA meet is. And If I have the funds for everything I want THIS year.

Tweeter is going out of business and has the K2P's for $749 right now. One by me had 3-4 sets left. Might want to check them out if you have one close by...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.