Sony XS162-ES Component Speakers frequency ranges?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sceroguitars

CarAudio.com Newbie
Pueblo
Hey guys,

I hope this is the right section…if not, let me know a better place.

I have a set of Sony XS-162ES Component Speakers (6.5” Woofer & 2.5” Tweeter).

I’m trying to find the frequency ranges each speaker is meant to play, so I can run them fully active and set em up with my Alpine HU’s crossover/built in DSP.

I can’t fine solid info ANYWHERE, and was hoping someone in here knew!

Attachments

• D989584F-65BC-42E4-BB1B-E28AB382F533.png
    D989584F-65BC-42E4-BB1B-E28AB382F533.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
Crossovers: Each crossover has high-pass and low-pass outputs with a 5 kHz crossover point and 6 dB/octave slope. A switch inside each crossover allows you to set the tweeter output level according to your system requirements and personal preference; choose 0 dB (factory setting) or +3dB. (A 2mm hex key is required to remove the crossovers' tops, not included.) The inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. There is a mounting hole in the base of each crossover.

It's 40-40k with a 5k 6db crossover

Crossovers: Each crossover has high-pass and low-pass outputs with a 5 kHz crossover point and 6 dB/octave slope. A switch inside each crossover allows you to set the tweeter output level according to your system requirements and personal preference; choose 0 dB (factory setting) or +3dB. (A 2mm hex key is required to remove the crossovers' tops, not included.) The inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide. There is a mounting hole in the base of each crossover.

It's 40-40k with a 5k 6db crossover
Ok, really appreciate your response.

But I’m trying to ditch the physical crossovers, and set them with my DSP. So I’m trying to find out the LPF and HPF for both the 6.5” woofers and 2.5” tweeters.

Ok, really appreciate your response.

But I’m trying to ditch the physical crossovers, and set them with my DSP. So I’m trying to find out the LPF and HPF for both the 6.5” woofers and 2.5” tweeters.

Since the crossover is only 6db, you can probably go down to ~3.5khz with a 24db xover. 2x fs of the tweeter is a common choice for the HPF to the tweeter. Does Sony have a tech support you can email?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...