Two 8” subs- upgrade my dual Meso 8”

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeffs42885
10+ year member

Experienced Noob
DFW
Looking for some suggestions. Currently running two meso 8” subs on a JP234 - In a prefab skar audio box. Sounds good but I want something louder.

i was thinking of trying this box first :

But the return policy ends on Tuesday for my CT sounds subs.

also open to going up to a single 10, something way beefier. Down4sound has a similar enclosure.

budget for the 2 8” or 1 10 is around 500ish

car is a 2022 Subaru BRZ

For that vehicle.. Subs Rear Port Rear will perform much better. I would chose this enclosure tuned to 33 HTZ, and those 8s should perform really nice. That DFS Enclosure loading off the corner isnt going to serve any justice for that trunk space and would be a waste of money. Take some measurements and see which enclosure will fit that trunk space.Give yourself 3 inches on all sides to be able to slide it in with seats down or to be able to lay it in from trunk. Just my 2cents

For that vehicle.. Subs Rear Port Rear will perform much better. I would chose this enclosure tuned to 33 HTZ, and those 8s should perform really nice. That DFS Enclosure loading off the corner isnt going to serve any justice for that trunk space and would be a waste of money. Take some measurements and see which enclosure will fit that trunk space.Give yourself 3 inches on all sides to be able to slide it in with seats down or to be able to lay it in from trunk. Just my 2cents

what are tour thoughts of going with the sundown x 10.

I only ask because I have a $140 credit from them I would like to burn.

what are tour thoughts of going with the sundown x 10.

I only ask because I have a $140 credit from them I would like to burn.
I dont buy any S.D. Products.. Absolutely None!! Thats Me, along with a BoyCott I have with S.D that I care not to get into atm...Cheaper can be bought for the RMS value of that sub.
For $140 credit.. Id look at putting those funds towards a Mono/Sub amplifier keep the 8s you have and get a well tuned enclosure that I recommended.

And to Add.. Use the Amp you Have to run on Mids and Highs.. Try a properly tuned and properly made directional enclosure for a trunk environment first before spending any other funds. Give those 8s a chance to do some work before buying other subs.

Put your $140 credit at D4S towards a mono amp

Typo here.

JP23. But I do also have a JP234 lol
You have Great amps and Great subs.. Why Skimp out on a CHEAP AZZed PreFABED Skar Enclosure not tuned correctly in the first place?? Honestly?? You want go louder? Id grabb 2 more 8s later on and run 4 in there. That car will fall apart not deadened properly

Def can’t fit 2 12” in that car
👀 👀 😁 Right. That would be pretty tight.. Ill bet a ZCon single 12 would sound amazing with that sub amp man in a nicely Tuned enclosure.

👀 👀 😁 Right. That would be pretty tight.. Ill bet a ZCon single 12 would sound amazing with that sub amp man in a nicely Tuned enclosure.

It can be done. This is 4 - 15's in a two door Mercedes.

Screenshot_20221012-220629_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221012-220424_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221012-220505_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221012-220534_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221012-220604_Gallery.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...