Smelt my sub on 1 song

ChucklezZ
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I smelled my sub getting a hot today for the first time and I was playing white girl by jeezy. No other song has done that. I never had that happen before no matter how loud I was. Is it the lows of that song or what?

I smelled my sub getting a hot today for the first time and I was playing white girl by jeezy. No other song has done that. I never had that happen before no matter how loud I was. Is it the lows of that song or what?
whats your box tuned to?

I'd bet the enclosure is tuned around 30-32hz. White girl peaks right there and if he is tuned there the subs is doing VERY little moving for the entire song. That song is 30hz and like 60hz back and forth. 60hz it too high to get movement to cool and 30hz is near tuning. Most music has hard bass in the 40's generally and that's right where boxes tuned mid to low 30's move the most, giving them better cooling than White Girl will.

I'd bet the enclosure is tuned around 30-32hz. White girl peaks right there and if he is tuned there the subs is doing VERY little moving for the entire song. That song is 30hz and like 60hz back and forth. 60hz it too high to get movement to cool and 30hz is near tuning. Most music has hard bass in the 40's generally and that's right where boxes tuned mid to low 30's move the most, giving them better cooling than White Girl will.
Yup 32 hertz.

probably cooked that sub
dout he cooked it.... subs get warm either way, its just when they get really hot is when your making it work to much. ive heated mine up before and smelled it and mine still works fine, that was when i first got the sub, and it still works and still pretty stiff for it to be like 2 years old. i was playing a bit under my tune when it happend lol, so i back off the power some. subs still stiff and kicking....

Set everything by ear, I need to do all that.. As long as the sub is alright. I turned it down after I smelled it
i dout you damaged it. i heated my hdc3 18 up on white girl as well lol.... got alittle smelly so i turned it down. and mines fine and it 2 yrs old now, and that was when i first got the sub and its still pretty stiff

i dout you damaged it. i heated my hdc3 18 up on white girl as well lol.... got alittle smelly so i turned it down. and mines fine and it 2 yrs old now, and that was when i first got the sub and its still pretty stiff
Well that's good to know then, thanks man!

Set everything by ear
Genius.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.