skar question.

Gotta stay one step ahead of him at all times lol. Jacob good guy. Skar's owner from what I have been told is a big POS. SA is the original. Skar just a knock off with a lower FS. Sundown will be around for a long time. Skar forgotten within a year. Would I ever run either one of them NO. I would run a nightshade though.
I agree that Jacob has earned respect. However, the rest is speculation. Show me science proving there is a better or worse between the two, and not just a difference in purpose. Until then, you are welcome to have your opinions, but remember, they are only opinions. Skar is in its infancy. I have a feeling it's just beginning to grow.

Gotta stay one step ahead of him at all times lol. Jacob good guy. Skar's owner from what I have been told is a big POS. SA is the original. Skar just a knock off with a lower FS. Sundown will be around for a long time. Skar forgotten within a year. Would I ever run either one of them NO. I would run a nightshade though.
they are not a knock off. give them some time to grow they are new. not riding skars **** like everyone thinks i am...have you ever heard a skar?

I agree that Jacob has earned respect. However' date=' the rest is speculation. Show me science proving there is a better or worse between the two, and not just a difference in purpose. Until then, you are welcome to have your opinions, but remember, they are only opinions. Skar is in its infancy. I have a feeling it's just beginning to grow.[/quote']
I would assume both are pretty much equal other then the sa having more motor strength and the skar having a lower FS and the different cone/surrounds they use. In no way am I saying one is better than the other. They both seem to do well for what they were built for. To be honest they should both be considered Sundown since Jacob designed both of them. I just tend to rebel against all forum boner subs regardless of how good they are. I am just an *** that way.

I would assume both are pretty much equal other then the sa having more motor strength and the skar having a lower FS and the different cone/surrounds they use. In no way am I saying one is better than the other. They both seem to do well for what they were built for. To be honest they should both be considered Sundown since Jacob designed both of them. I just tend to rebel against all forum boner subs regardless of how good they are. I am just an *** that way.
Then you'd rebel against SA, too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks! Everyone compares them' date=' when they should contrast them, in my opinion.[/quote']
I mean, they're both very capable woofers, and both are good at what they do. But I wouldn't say that the Skar was a "little brother copy" of the SA-12.

What you will likely find in a drop-in test is the Skar being as loud or possibly louder really low (in the 20s and lows 30s) and the SA being louder at 40+ hz
Has a lower Fs and a bit more linear excursion than the SA but less motor force and more mass.

Typically in a comparison of two woofers with these differences that is what you will see.

I did not want to misquote Jacob so here is his exact words. By all means both have there own spot in the audio world. I just like busting the balls of new forum boners

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.