skar question.

i've got around 5 cubes to work with in my trunk' date=' i've been looking at the dc level 3 18, because it's a nice lower price 18", but i've been reading on the skar a little and it seems it might be geared more towards what i want.would the skar be able to hit smoothly from 25-80hz just as well as the 18 if not better? in the proper enclosure of course.[/quote']

Yes sir:D

Will deff get lower then the dc
And your basing this on? Not saying your wrong, just saying you need to have some proof because your obviously a skar nuthugger so sorry if I don't just take your word for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And your basing this on? Not saying your wrong, just saying you need to have some proof because your obviously a skar nuthugger so sorry if I don't just take your word for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Lower fs..

Lower fs..
If FS is all that matters to you then why not Pierce audio's 2011 wmd 12's they have a fs of 21.. So why no love for them??? Priced at $250 but could have got 2 for $250 if you had bought them a month ago when there sale was going on..

2 layer Kevlar reinforced spruce pulp cones with carbon fiber front

25 pound double stacked magnet structure with extended pole piece, 1.25 inch pole vent and direct v.c. venting

2 - 8 inch linear nomex spider

flat wound aluminum voice coil wire on black anodized aluminum former

1000 watts rms power handling

800 degrees farenhite voice coil operating temperature rating

Looks like a winner to me

If FS is all that matters to you then why not Pierce audio's 2011 wmd 12's they have a fs of 21.. So why no love for them??? Priced at $250 but could have got 2 for $250 if you had bought them a month ago when there sale was going on..
Theres tons of 12s that get lower then the skars..i never said i picked the skars just because they get low..please hop off my john wayne

Theres tons of 12s that get lower then the skars..i never said i picked the skars just because they get low..please hop off my john wayne
I assure you I have no desire to ride your thing. All I am saying is that everyone seems to think Skar has brought some new found miracle sub to the market when in all actuality there has been subs out way before Skar hit the streets with the same and in some cases better specs for the same price if not cheaper.

Sure they might just be good subs that I don't doubt but they bring nothing new to the table other then a new Name on the cone.

I assure you I have no desire to ride your thing. All I am saying is that everyone seems to think Skar has brought some new found miracle sub to the market when in all actuality there has been subs out way before Skar hit the streets with the same and in some cases better specs for the same price if not cheaper.
Sure they might just be good subs that I don't doubt but they bring nothing new to the table other then a new Name on the cone.
Well i have done many research on subs with that low of a Fs and i cannot find for under 200 bucks with the same amount of power..and i mean subs that are not discontinued

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.